Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My First Zendrum experience  (Read 535 times)

spundun

My First Zendrum experience
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

As I said in the other thread, My new Z1-09 with wireless, is HERE!

The zebrawood instrument looks stunning. After a couple of confusions, I was able to hook up tha wired steup to garage band on my macbookpro. It worked but the built-in speakers sucked, so I had to attach my klipsch iFi (basically computer speakers with an iPod dock) and then it was great.

I did notice something about a few triggers' response. In the default setup that comes up, both the T1 trigger and E1 trigger are attached to note 42 which is Closed Hi-hat. But the amount of sound that comes out is different. T1 produces a lot louder sound.

At first I thought that because of hand position or choice of fingers I'm hitting the triggers with different power. But then I conciously tried to keep the force in my attack constant and there T1 produced almost double the sound of E1. Moreover, to get full volume when I hit E1 hard, I start getting cross-talk from Crash Cymbal 2 on T4. E1 is the only trigger where I've noticed cross-talk (or whatever the correct jargon is).

I also notice this difference in volume between snare F2 and L2 but the difference there is much less.

Anyone know the explanation for this? Is it the way it's programmed, or is it the nature of the triggers, or is it something else?

Thank you.
Spundun

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: My First Zendrum experience
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »

One thing you might try is making sure the trigger is completely seated (i.e. push on it, hard) as it may have jostled loose a bit during shipping.

Even so, I have a couple triggers on my ZX that differ in velocity response from their neighbors.   I am able to compensate however by altering the response curves and noise floor for just those individual triggers using ZenEdit -- http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

HTH

◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: My First Zendrum experience
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »

I've left my cell phone number on your voice mail.
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Up