Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible new features  (Read 4195 times)

tigerxchaos

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Possible new features
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 09:48:32 AM »

Darin,
Thanks for your response. I'm not trying to tear down what you've created here and I recognize its value to the Zendrum community--I wasn't seeing any updates to questions I was asking here, and after looking at what the program offers on the website, it didn't seem like a lot was actually unlocked by the software, and that it was more a tool to configure the instrument. I'm glad that more unlocked features are in the works, and that subscribers are most likely going to be "grandfathered" into a new license system... I can more easily get behind a $100 program if lifetime updates are included and if it significantly expands functionality of my instrument.

Obviously I don't know how many users of ZenEdit are out there, but I've done A LOT of reading and I primarily see the same "core group" on the ZenEdit forums and on the Zendrum forums here on this site. With well over 1000 Zendrums out in the field, I have to wonder if you're reaching the whole market, and how many more people would flock to your program and drive up your revenue if the cost were lowered a little bit. But that hinges on information I'm not privy to, and as the creator it's up to you to decide and set the cost on the product you're creating, and it's up to the consumers to determine the value to themselves, as always. Once my tax refund hits, I'll likely set aside part of it for a ZenEdit license.

-Mike

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »

I am guessing that at this time, the Zenedit program only works with the Z4 chip.  I know a lot of Z3 players that would love to use this program but, at this time, it doesn't work with the Z3's.  So in comparison, there are more Z3 owners than there are Z4 owners, but if I am reading the writing on the wall correctly, this program may be in the works to allow Z3 owners to use it as well, and that would open up for more users to purchase the program, especially for those that cannot afford the upgrade to the Z4 yet.  Just my $.02.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 06:52:10 PM »

For myself, it was money well spent. Darin should be congratulated for being able to come up with a program like this, implement it, get it up and running, and continue to update it. Man, that is a lot of friggin work for one hundred bucks! And oh by the way, once you're in, you're in. Where can you find any product that not only guarantees lifetime support for free, but you get to talk to the actual real person that wrote the program. And best of all, once you start using the program, the value becomes very obvious, and speaks for itself.
Speaking from my own experience, Darin has gone waaaaay above expectations in support, via personal emails and public help. Any time I have had issues that were not covered in the FAQ, I simply send Darin an email, and I have an answer, usually within hours. Any time I've asked questions outside the realm of Zenedit but peripherally associated, he is right there to offer answers and opinions.

This is an unpaid and unsolicited, free if you wanna read it, unsponsored, very positive truthful testimonial!  ;D

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »

I am deeply humbled by your kind words.  Thank you so much, it's posts like this that make it all worth while!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »

For myself, it was money well spent. Darin should be congratulated for being able to come up with a program like this, implement it, get it up and running, and continue to update it. Man, that is a lot of friggin work for one hundred bucks! And oh by the way, once you're in, you're in. Where can you find any product that not only guarantees lifetime support for free, but you get to talk to the actual real person that wrote the program. And best of all, once you start using the program, the value becomes very obvious, and speaks for itself.
Speaking from my own experience, Darin has gone waaaaay above expectations in support, via personal emails and public help. Any time I have had issues that were not covered in the FAQ, I simply send Darin an email, and I have an answer, usually within hours. Any time I've asked questions outside the realm of Zenedit but peripherally associated, he is right there to offer answers and opinions.

This is an unpaid and unsolicited, free if you wanna read it, unsponsored, very positive truthful testimonial!  ;D

Rand

Absolute ditto there. It does indeed unlock some CRITICAL features that I for one have waited YEARS for. And on at least 2 occasions, I have had lengthy technical conversations by phone with Darin which have resulted in upgrades to Zenedit, usually within hours. Try that with Microsoft!!!  Lol. This s $100 WELL SPENT my friends.

Jer
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up