Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO 4 ALL...  (Read 821 times)

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
ASIO 4 ALL...
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »

I was trying to figure out another way to run virtual instruments and BFD2. I currently use an M-Audio "fast track pro" for BFD2. I wanted another audio source and the internal "laptop sound" was obviously having latency issues. So what to do? I was at the "local music store" and one of the sales folks told me about "ASIO4ALL"  It turns your PC Sound card into an ASIO driver, and it WORKS GREAT!!  Now BFD2 will run on the M-Audio box and the virtual instruments through a VST host routing thru ASIO4ALL. It works VERY GOOD!  As far as the midi side of things, I will use a MIDI merge box into the M-Audio box for the midi routing. I have a few other thiings in the works, which I wil share with you all in a few. Hope all is well the the land of ZEN! Until next time...
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: ASIO 4 ALL...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:59:17 PM »

Yup.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »

Be careful with the MIDI merge boxes.  I have one and it was working great but recently it has been dropping in and out for no reason.  At first I thought it was my wireless, but it is getting it's power from my FC-300 which is plugged into the wall.  I have narrowed it down to the merge box.  DrShark said he was having the same issue with his.  Just some FYI.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:27:49 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

Aye have a Motu Midi Express with usb interface and 8 in and 9 out midi connections.  It be rack mountable.  Aye acquired it from ebay when Aye ordered me Jolly Roger Zendrum.  It has never given me one instance of trouble.  It be one of the more reliable items that I use.  Motu makes a smaller version as well.  Hope this helps.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »

I forgot to say what I was using, I am using a MIDI Merge box from MIDI solutions.  It has worked great, but recently has been losing power for no reason.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

pearly

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »

I use a Motu Midi Microlite.  Half rack, 5 ins/ 5 outs.   I have my Midijet wireless receiver, my merge brick, my SPD-20, and my FC-300 all plugged.  I route the usb connection to my MBP.  So far no problems whatsoever.

Pearly
Pages: [1]   Go Up