Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do you live?  (Read 2689 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Where do you live?
« on: February 04, 2011, 05:37:07 AM »

Hello Tribe,

I have been jamming on my Zendrum now for almost 2 years now.  Last August, a few Zendrummers to include myself got together in Atlanta, home of Zendrum HQ, and swapped ideas and setups for our Zendrums.  One thing that was clear, everyone had a different setup and everyone played their Zendrum differently.  I strongly recommend getting together with others that play a Zendrum.  I am sure there are Zendrummers out there that may live fairly close to each other and they don't even know it.  I want to see if there are others that live close to me so we can get together and swap ideas.  I know Peabody58 is within a few hours and The Mayor is 4 hours from me.  Is there anyone else?  I live in St. Louis.

I am asking everyone on the forum that plays a Zendrum to post what city they live in so we can be aware of who may be near us to bounce ideas off of.

Rob
St. Louis
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you live?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »

I had asked this same thing about 2 years ago. It is easy enough to put in your profile. I went to the gathering in Atlanta and came away with many good ideas on how to make my playing easier.  Pocketmaster is correct that everyone seemed to have different ideas on how they set their Zendrums up. Pyrate mentioned that he will be in Memphis in March. I am going to try to get up there meet him and share some ideas. Maybe this will turn into another gathering. Pyrate you need to tell us where you are staying so maybe we can get the same hotel.  I am in Austin, Texas. Anybody close to me? Thumper
Thumper

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:22:49 AM »

Avast Thar Thumper,

Aye will be staying at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville.  Hopefully the flood waters will remain at bay this tyme.  The last tyme Aye stayed there with me first mate, last year, we had to evacuate before we spent a single nyte there.  Aye be hoping to take in a tour of the Pearl Drums HQ while Aye be in Nashville.  Aye rather doubt however, Aye will be able to bring the Jolly Roger Zendrum with me.  Aye am suposed to be attending a conference at the Gaylord in an attempt to keep Western Civilization safe as we know it.  Aye should be free to meet with other tribe crew on Sunday afternoon and all day/night Monday, except for a brief stretch when Aye have to pick up me first mate at the airport Monday evening.  Aye will also be available evenings Tuesday through Thursday. Looking forward to meeting as many of the tribe as Aye can.

Faior Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

tigerxchaos

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »

Though I don't have a Zendrum, I am looking forward to buying my first one very soon, within the next couple of weeks.

I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, IL.

spundun

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »

Hi all,

I live in Culver City, CA, 10 minutes from LAX (Los Angeles International Airport). I'll be getting my Z1-09 in a couple of weeks. I'd love to meet and learn from anyone in the area.

Spundun

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:41:14 PM »

Pyrate, are you going to be in Memphis or Nashville?  Nashville is only 4 hours for me.  The Mayor lives there in Nashville and I may be able to make it down there on a Sunday but have to turn around and head home on Monday.  Depends on what the dates are and what the military has in store for me that weekend.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 04:27:27 PM »

Avast Thar Pocketmaster,

Aye will be staying at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville.  Aye will be flying in Sunday early afternoon. The dates are 6-11 March.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »

I will keep those dates open, but the military has a funny way of not telling me what I will be doing until I have made plans.  If I can get down there Sunday afternoon (it is only a 4 hour drive) I may be able to swing a couple of days down there.  Be sure to go check out 3rd and Lindsey on Wednesday night.  That is Wooten Wednesday there, you never know who will show up.  I haven't made it out there on a Wednesday yet but "The Mayor" said it is a good time.

Rob

camcojunky

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »

Hello all,

I am in north central Arkansas, a little closer to Memphis than to St. Louis but essentially about midway in between.

As a newbie Zendrummer owner, I would enjoy the chance to meet up with any Zendrummers in this part of the country, or any that are traveling through.

Michael

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »

Avast Thar Michael,

Ye are more than welcome to join us in Tennessee.  But be forwarned, Aye will be in Nashville, NOT Memphis.  Me pyrate compass had a temporary navigational glitch.  Glitch be a nautical term ye know. 6-11 March 2011 at the Gaylord OIpryland.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »

hello this is for the person who lives in the northwest suburbs of chicago...I will be playing my zendrum at the Raue theatre in Crystal Lake on Feb. 19th, at 7:00 tickets are $12.00 ..as a segment in the Strikers drum line night of percussion... I also march in the drumline...please feel free to check out our website... crystal lake strikers... scvkiltie

tigerxchaos

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 01:30:24 PM »

hello this is for the person who lives in the northwest suburbs of chicago...I will be playing my zendrum at the Raue theatre in Crystal Lake on Feb. 19th, at 7:00 tickets are $12.00 ..as a segment in the Strikers drum line night of percussion... I also march in the drumline...please feel free to check out our website... crystal lake strikers... scvkiltie

Sweet, thanks for the heads up! I will try and come by to check you out. :) What sort of show is it? Sounds like a big percussion event of some sort?

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 12:22:10 PM »

Frederick, Md. here. I am about an hour or so north of Washington, DC
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »

I've played the Raue Center a few times; great venue!  Are you in the pit or on stage? 
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 07:07:16 AM »

Clinton, IL - in the middle of the corn desert.  Playing gigs with acoustics and Zendrum in Bloomington/Normal and surrounding towns.
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up