Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no midi proxy  (Read 1256 times)

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
no midi proxy
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:43:31 pm »

Hello, I am attempting to learn zenedit, now that I have the z4 upgrade, I downloaded and installed the proxy, when I open zenedit, it says midi unavailable, I go to reconnect... I don't get the box that asks what kind of device I have... and the midi stays unavailable... also how do I hook up my drom module to get the sounds when I am changing trigger sounds thru zenedit, I have a Roland 6, thanks, Rob

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: no midi proxy
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:55 pm »

Let's start with what type of computer are you using and which OS.  Also, what MIDI device are you trying to connect to?  Have you confirmed that the drivers are installed correctly?  Can you connect to this MIDI device from other applications?

ZenEdit is a sysex editor and does not connect to your drum module.  You use ZenEdit to edit your sysex file and then send it to your Zendrum using a sysex tool.  From there your can connect your Zendrum to your drum module to hear your sounds.

There are plans in the future to update the MIDI proxy in a way that eliminates the need for a sysex tool middleman.  When that happens it will be possible to preview sounds in your connected module/VST, but there are technical hurdles that need to be overcome beforehand and I cannot estimate when such a feature will be made available.

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »

Hi, mac os 10.5.8 yes I can connect the zendrum to the computer... using bfd2 for example...I am using an M-Audio interface... when I tap the zendrum the green lights flickers to show it is transmitting... Thanks for the help... I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong... Rob

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 05:46:44 am »

Hello, still no luck with proxy... does it have to be in the zenedit program? i have both programs on the same hard drive... I'm performing at a drum festival in 3 weeks, and would like to have this up and running, Thanks Rob

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:32:00 am »

So long as no other applications are using that MIDI device, it should show up in the list of available devices when you launch the MIDI proxy.  If it still is not showing up then that indicates either a problem with the device or driver, that the device is not properly installed or that Java cannot otherwise see the device.

Did you install Mandolane?  That is one thing that would cause Java to not be able to see your MIDI device.  There is a blurb and a link to Mandolane below the proxy download link: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/index.cfm?event=download

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 07:16:03 pm »

Hello,I installed the program you suggested, still getting error saying midi proxy unavailable... and my no box listing my midi device...

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:25:34 pm »

Hello, I ran the Mandomiditester...it told me I have java 1.5.0 26i386 os mac 10.5.8
it lists my unomidi interface and a real time synthesizer, and a java sound synthesizer...if this is any help... Rob

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 07:51:02 pm »

Hello, I have the proxy working...

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »

Glad to hear that.

Cheers
-dk

Ask me about:
Pages: [1]   Go Up