Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardware  (Read 662 times)

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Hardware
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:44:09 am »

What's the best cable to connect a PC to a Zendrum now?  USB, I assume, but what and where?
Play nice.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Hardware
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:47:47 am »

Avast Thar Geo,

From what Aye have been able to gather, the best way to connect a PC to a Zendrum is through some sort of audio interface.  The best that I can tell is the the Motu Hybrid Mk III, but it is expensive.  M-Audio has worked some deals with ProTools and offers a combo package.  Aye use a Presonus USB Audio Interface because it was a less expensive alternative to the Motu and M-Audio units, but it has its drawbacks.  Hope this helps.

Fair Winds and following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Hardware
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:31:52 am »

Through an interface or through a straight MIDI to USB cable, or even an old MIDI to joystick connector.  Anything that will get a cable from your axe to the computer will do the trick.  Newer cables generally do not need any drivers to be installed, but if you run into any problems getting communications going, then looking for updated drivers is the first troubleshooting step.

If you're doing anything with Sysex then I don't recommend you use wireless, it's very flakey -- you should always use a wired connection for that.

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up