Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Word or Three of Immense Gratitude  (Read 713 times)

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
A Word or Three of Immense Gratitude
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:55:18 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

As many of ye know, Aye have been a bit stymied with software sounds like BFD2, EZDrummer, Ableton, Pro Tools, etc.  Well last night Aye had the honor and privilege to parley on the phone with Zendrumdude, and in previous months Aye have also conferred with our tribal Mr. Wizard, John Emrich.  Aye say unto you now, that two nicer fellows you have never met (with the exception of Inspector 109 and his partner Kim).  They both spent considerable amount of time with the Olde Pyrate trying to explain to this befuddled brain the intricacies of BFD2.  Aye have learned much from both of them and Aye cannot thank them enough for their time and patience.  Aye cannot say I be an expert in BFD after such conversation, but Aye have managed to get better sounds from the dreaded than Aye did before.

To all of ye gentlemen Aye offer me humble thanks and a round of Captain Morgan when next we meet in person.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:35:00 AM by Pyrate »
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: A Word or Three of Immense Gratitude
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:20:53 AM »

Pyrate has agreed not to attack my ships if they happen to be in his waters in exchange for the secret BFD information... I gotta look out for my booty!

We talked a bit about some of the "deeper" elements of sound design in BFD, and I plan to come up with some sort of tutorial materials concerning dynamics control, mixer stuff (EQ, compression, mic settings) in the not-too-distant future.

As always, happy to help, because I myself have been bailed out by some pretty generous and knowledgeable Zendudes in the past myself!  It's great to be part of such a sharing group.

New idea:

ZenWiki  :) :D ;D

Jer
Pages: [1]   Go Up