Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes in 2011  (Read 5674 times)

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Changes in 2011
« on: November 22, 2010, 06:44:36 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

During Futureman's visit to Zendrum HQ, Zengina hinted at some new developments at Zendrum Labs.  Aye thought Aye might start this thread in the hopes that Inspector 109 or Zengina might provide some insight as to what is coming in the not too distant future, before the world ends in 1 year and 29 days!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: Changes in 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »

Hey Pyrate,
It's a sneak preview of ZENDRIVE
It's a reliable, road worthy VST player with our own custom library of drum samples.
One button push boot-up, eight outputs, fast enough to keep up with Futureman, built strong enough for me.
Available now.
Inquire at orders@zendrum.com
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 03:38:02 PM »

Woohoo!  Glad to see this finally see the light of day!

Congrats Inspector!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:51:14 PM »

Will I be able to try it out when I come down in January?

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

Oh yeah.
It's awesome.
It's here.

To see photos of Futureman's test of Zendrive click here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45642&id=100000082273551&l=0ebd6c9d4c
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:47:59 PM by Inspector 109 »
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »

Play nice.

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 06:12:37 PM »

Play nice.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 03:49:29 AM »

Avast Thar Inspector, 

Will this new system handle BFD2, EZ Drummer and the like?  What be the Operating System?  Memory?  Hard drive space?  It be looking interesting.

Pyrate
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 05:05:52 AM »

Avast Thar Inspector,

Aye also noticed that there be no info in the Catalog website.  Just a notification.

Don't let the turkey bite ye,
Pyrate

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 05:30:44 AM »

No more waiting for “the right thing”…

Finding good sounds for the Zendrum in a roadworthy box has been an ongoing challenge since 1991 when we built our original invention.  
I’ve owned many pieces of electronic drum gear, but they always fell short of Zendrum’s high standard for quality and trouble-free performance. Even as sound improved over time, reliability got much worse.  Gear failure got catastrophic and costly and unacceptable to me.

Enough Already...
I had to build something specifically for my application - a VST player durable enough to bounce down the road for thousands of miles in a truck and still perform flawlessly, night after night.
I started with a 2-space ATA rack case, so it's small, armored, and easy to pack. Every trick I’ve ever learned to speed set-up and tear-down, along with the best components for playing MIDI drums were used with one purpose in mind: Rock-solid reliability and ease of use onstage.

How...
ZENDRIVE has a 40 gig solid-state hard drive and 4 gigs of fast RAM, dual core Pentium processor and a sound card with 8 audio outs to a custom patch bay. 8 separate lines to my mixer so I can tweak whatever drums I might need to- on the fly, or connect a mono or stereo out.
Auto boot-up software so I don't even have to take a monitor or mouse. One button-push on/off, put the rack covers on, out to the truck in 5 minutes or less- Done.
The point is- I can now forget about the gear and simply play music.

Why...
I’ve always dreamed of hearing the sound from my 1937 RadioKing Slingerland kit while playing Zendrum. We’ve tuned, mic’d, sampled, chopped, edited, and produced finished mixes of this special kit (along with other drum treasures) into 16 instantly ready-to-play drumsets. This collection is the end result of our TRS drum sessions, recorded at legendary Southern Tracks studio here in Atlanta.

Going forward...
I understand that having a tech support person who actually cares makes all the difference in customer satisfaction and our company’s reputation. We have decided to build computers that are reliable, fast, and strong. If your application calls for more memory or a larger rack or component configuration, we can also build to suit your needs.
The same commitment we have always had to individual design in our Custom Shop will apply here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:39:55 AM by Inspector 109 »
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »

Avast Thar Inspector,

If Aye be reading between the lines correctly, this new system, which Aye admit be a marvel of engineering, will not support any other sounds other than your Slingerland radio King set.  Is this correct?  Also, how much of me Pyrate Booty will this innovation cost the Olde Salt, (not to mention everyone else)?

Pyrate

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »

The ZENDRIVE comes with Battery 3 installed.
No monitor, keyboard, or mouse included.

It can run any other software you want to add yourself. BFD ECO, EZ Drummer, etc. It's simply a very fast, well-made computer.
Our TRS library is what automatically boots up, but there are also 12 gigs of Battery sounds loaded in the internal drive as well.
You can also sample your own sounds and play them in Battery... (we did!)

What makes ZENDRIVE so sturdy is the solid state drive.
I've destroyed more than one spinning drive in my lifetime, so this is where the ZENDRIVE road-worthy aspect is most apparent. I purposefully dropped this unit many times and put thousands of truck miles on it to test the reliability of the build. Still boots up perfectly every time with one button push.

The way the standard ZENDRIVE is configured, you could load BFD ECO or EZ Drummer as well and still have space on the 40 gig SSD. There are three other size SSDs available from our Custom Shop for internal memory storage options.
So in essence, you can choose how much memory you will need and we can build your ZENDRIVE to suit your application. We have added 2 eSATA ports to the patch panel so we can provide up to 3 TERABYTES of external rotational drive space if needed, or you can add the eSATA drives yourself later on to suit your purpose.

Internal 40gb ssd drive is standard @ $1999 with TRS core library and Battery installed that altogether uses less than 15 gigs! ZENDRIVE ships with ProTools 7, Ableton Live Lite 4, and ProSessions Sound and Loop library disks included.

Custom Shop build options:

Solid State internal drives (SSD)
60gb    +$100
90gb    +$150
120gb  +$200

7200 RPM rotational drives with enclosure and eSATA cable (external)
500gb   +$150
1.5TB   +$200
3TB      +$400

The point being that we can build whatever you want but we're not going to include a lot of extra clutter you may never use in the $1999 price.
Right now, there is almost ZERO learning curve to this plug and play system.
(MY kind of computer!)

For the e-drummer, it opens the door to sound expansion and mega-storage and will work simply and intuitively with any other existing MIDI device that outputs MIDI note messages.

For the Zendrummer, it allows for a wonderful experience the first day with room to grow and customize as needed with Zendrum's personal service, tech support, and quality build behind it. Most of you here know how seriously we back our work. This will be no exception. We will be there for you- as always.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:11 AM »

Avast Thar Inspector,

This system sounds damn near perfect.  Aye already have an eSata 1TB external.  Aye may have to get one of these when Aye take in the Jolly roger ZX for a Z4 upgrade. Aye like the idea of almost no learning curve.  With Futureman not being able to overwhelm the new system it sounds like there is zero latency.  What kind of midi interface is included if any between the computer and the Zendrum?

Thanks for all the information.  And keep up all the good things that Zedrum Corporate does for all of  us.

Pyrate

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »

Yeah Pyrate,
I was growing old waiting on someone else to do this properly!

There is a MergeBrick inside that is connected to the Delta 1010 LT soundcard with the MIDI IN and audio outs.
The card is actually Dolby 5 and 7 compatible as well, so I'll probably have to buy a home theatre now to ever use all the features... :)
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »

I've seen it, I've heard it, I've tweaked it, I've played it.  This thing is KILLER.  Seriously killer.  I was blown away.

Anybody wanna buy some drums so I can get one?  Please???

Jer
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up