Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How Many Zendrums?  (Read 2230 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
How Many Zendrums?
« on: November 11, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »

Quick question for the Inspector....to date, how many Zendrums have been built, and if you could, break it down by ZX, LT, and Zap.  I guess if doesn't matter if it is a Z4, datawheel, or Z3, just curious how many of each and total Zens have been made and are in circulation across the world.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Zendrums?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:45:05 AM »

I would like to know also. I say when asked I say around 1500 in the world but that was said on the forum a couple of years ago. Lets have an update! Thumper
Thumper

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »

Hi there,
This is actually a question for me since I keep the records.
As of today, November 11, 2010:
The short answer is 1263 Zendrums are out there in the world.
The long answer is that I'll get back to you with the current breakdown of #'s of models! (I haven't done all the numbers for 2010 yet)

Inspector 109 guessed at the number a few years ago before I'd had a chance to actually go through all the records and compile the stats. Here are my two posts from mid-year 2007 when I was working on this statistics project:

http://zendrum.com/forums/index.php?topic=536.msg2631#msg2631

http://zendrum.com/forums/index.php?topic=536.msg2634#msg2634

Whenever anyone asks this question it prompts me to finish the numbers, so thanks for asking! I'll get to it as soon as I have another couple of hours to do it.

Back innaminit!
Gina at Zendrum

BTW, y'all: Zendrumdude is in Atlanta and is coming out to visit us this evening at Zendrum World Headquarters...we're really looking forward to meeting another longtime Zendrummer (since 1997!).

Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »

BTW, y'all: Zendrumdude is in Atlanta and is coming out to visit us this evening at Zendrum World Headquarters...we're really looking forward to meeting another longtime Zendrummer (since 1997!).

Very cool!  Jer seems like a really great guy, must be nice to get face-to-face and talk shop.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 04:41:21 PM »

Thanks for the update Gina, I should have known to shoot that question to you first.  It will be interesting to see the breakdown on which models are more popular than others.  1,263 total Zendrums in the world and I have one of them to me is pretty cool.  I know others that have 2 and even 3 or 4 may think that is even cooler.  I am still working on when I may be able to get mine down there for the upgrade and wireless MIDI/battery box install.  I am just playing so much now that I can't afford to let it go.  I may end up just buying another one, more to come on that.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »

Hi Rob,
I can already tell you that the Zebrawood ZX has always been the most popular model through the years.
Another stat I need to do now is how many Z4.3/wireless/more triggers retrofits we've done.
We were hoping that you were going to bring your Zendrum here in person for the Z4 upgrade...that's the rumour from the Inspector. But it's also very cool that you are playing it so much that you can't let it go! We'll do whatever you decide, but it's always good to get to see you guys in person!
So, swing by Nashville and pick up The Mayor and y'all come see us!
Go well,
Gina
Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 06:07:51 PM »

We'll do, I have been planning a trip down to see Dr. Shark, not sure of the date yet, but when I come down, it will be for about a week, and I will do the upgrade then, don't worry, I will give you guys plenty of heads up before I head that way.  I wanted to come by and see ZDHQ when I was there for the gathering back in August but we were only in town for a few days and it was a very busy weekend.  Thanks for sending out that info and I am looking forward to seeing you guys when I come down in the near future.

Rob

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 07:28:55 AM »

As of today, November 11, 2010:
The short answer is 1263 Zendrums are out there in the world.

Thank you for the update Gina, I was telling people over 2000. 

So I've had 2 of these, I have the longest build time, and I also have the only known Zendrum with customized mother of pearl in-laying, sweet!  Only 284 more gigs and the Zen will have paid for itself!! (We play for beers ;D)
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »

Hey All,

I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet our friend Zendrum Dude last night. He came over my place and then we went to Zendrum HQ to hang with 109 and Gina. A great experience for sure. It was an honor to meet you Jeremy. Your knowledge and experience in the Zendrum world can not be understated. An amazing Zendrummer as well as Drummer. Please come back to visit soon. Keep in touch and continue to educate us with blogs on this forum. I am so lucky to live here in Atlanta. Another amazing visit to Zendrum HQ.

Dr Shark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:03 PM »

Sounds like you all had a good visit. Maybe next year we can talk him into coming for the 2nd Zendrum gathering in Atlanta as i would like to meet him someday. Also, Pyrate start saving ye shillings for next years event. Thumper
Thumper

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 08:45:45 PM »

I am planning a trip down in January if anyone else is game!?!  I am looking at New Years week or within the first two weeks of January.  I am going to visit David at ZDHQ, get my ZX upgraded with the Z4 chipset, internal wireless and battery box, and add a trigger.  It could be a Zendrum New Years Eve Party!!!!  Anyone up for it?

Rob

Tom Roady

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 06:50:45 AM »

Pick me up Pocketmaster...hahaha..let me know if it will fit with my work schedule I'll come down.

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 07:37:20 AM »

Pick me up also  >-D . We can all get in trouble Thumper
Thumper

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 10:35:35 AM »

Looks like another Zendrum gathering is in the works. Yall could not get enough the first time.

:D
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »

If you're swinging by Brisbane, Australia, count me in too!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up