Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Air Force has a Zendrum and their not afraid to use it!!!!  (Read 1113 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
The Air Force has a Zendrum and their not afraid to use it!!!!
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »

Hey tribe, just giving everyone a heads up on in my opinion, good news!  I recently went over to one of the Air Force bands, one happens to be at the base that I am stationed at, and showed off my ZX to them.  Being the musicians that they are, they had heard of a Zendrum, knows who Futureman is and his association with the Zendrum and his Drumitar.  Bottom line, I rocked them so hard, they sent out their feelers for any of the seven Air Force bands in search of a Zendrum.  I remembered hearing that the band stationed in Nebraska had a Zendrum but didn't know how to use it and didn't want to take the time to learn, so it was on a shelf somewhere.

Today I was notified by my friends with the band in Nebraska that they have found their ZX that had been sitting on the shelf in their supply room, and are in the process of transferring it to the band here in Illinois.  The band here in Illinois has also contacted me and are ready for me to come over and give them a crash course on how to play it once it arrives.  I will be going over there in the next week or so to go over what sound modules they already have and what they may want to consider getting to get the most of their new  Expect to be hearing and seeing (via pictures and maybe some video) of the Air Force using this great instrument.

On a sad note, I many not be the only one that has taken a Zendrum to war anymore...:(.  The competition is getting stiff because the band is going to be heading over to the beach in a few months to entertain the troops and they may be leading the way with the Zen in front.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: The Air Force has a Zendrum and their not afraid to use it!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »

Awesome. Tell them to contact me if they need anything for it.
Thanks for everything!
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »

We'll for once, stimulus money could be properly spent for a Z4 and internal wireless MIDI upgrade!!   ;D
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:16:29 AM »

I will let them know to contact you if they need anything for it.  I am thinking it is a ZX (won't know for sure until it gets here) because the guy that I was talking to said it looked like it was in a small guitar bag.  I did not have him go through and tell me what cables or components were in the zipper part of the bag.  We will see when it arrives.  I think the reason it sat in their supply room is that they are traditional musicians and playing the Zen will make them throw all of what they have worked for up to this point out and have to relearn how to play drums.  You can do all of the rudiments on a Zendrum, with practice of course, but they can do all of the rudiments with no practice by using their acoustics.  When I played for them, it opened their eyes because they heard first hand that they have the sounds of an entire kit, as well as piano, percussion, horns.  I think this will be fun, and then to watch and see what they can do with it and how it gets used.  I will keep everyone updated as we go along.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:36:05 AM »

Hey Rob,

Don't worry about another Zendrummer in the Air Force. He won't have anything on you. It will take him time to get as proficient as you are. Also, he will seek you out to learn from and you guys can help each other get better as well as come up with new ideas. You can get the Z4 upgrade with extra triggers and take it to the next level. Since we are in a recession, the Air Force will not be willing to spend the money on the upgrade. 8)

DrShark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

Tom Roady

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »

My money is betting that it is a Data wheel ZX..." the mayor"

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 04:34:18 AM »

I was wondering if it was, what chipset is in those models?  Not sure if they will send it in for the upgrades, but we will see.  Let me know next time you are up this way Tom and I may be able to set up something for us to go in and you can really show them the melodic side of the house on the Zen.  I only scratched the surface by showing the drums and I did a little on setup 1 with the grand piano in GB.

Rob

Tom Roady

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »

I'll let you know when I am coming up Rob...it may be a few weeks.."the mayor"
Pages: [1]   Go Up