Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Mixes on Snow days!  (Read 1902 times)

drumhead99

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
    • The Others
Final Mixes on Snow days!
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:55:11 AM »

Here's a tune that was posted long ago,  prior to my band having a singer fully in place.   It was lost I suppose when the old site got invaded--  and since we have our singer on it now,  and it's fully mixed,  I thought I would re-post it.  This was not played on the Zendrum,  but triggered form my v-drum kit.  I'm still trying to learn this one on the Zen-- have most of it down,  but there's a few fills that are still rather shaky when trying to pull them of on the Zen...

http://www.voorhees.k12.nj.us/69570101484950/lib/69570101484950/The%20Others%20-%20Song%20Of%20Hope.mp3

Mike

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Final Mixes on Snow days!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 08:38:57 AM »

Hey Drumhead99, I enjoyed your last song. You are an excellent drummer and your band is outstanding. I don't know if you ever heard of a band called "Dream Theater", but you should check them out if you haven't. They are the same genre as your band . They are superior musicians and very popular. I saw them in Atlantic City at the outside venue at the Borgata opening for "YES" and they played an incredible set including the instrumental song "Machine Messiah" off the YES album Drama. That was extremely well done. Check it out when you get a chance. Keep up the good work. Thanks for all your contributions you make to the tribe. Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 05:22:04 PM »

Now what would be cool would be to hear you play the same song on the Zendrum. You say you can't play some of the things you do now on the song?
Well, I would bet you could come up with some really cool stuff you wouldn't normally play. That is the challange and the beauty of the Zendrum.
What would you do different?

Cheers,
Steve

GaryLee

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 07:02:10 PM »

Great tune!!  Kind of cross between Staind & Tool.  Some of the rolls are alittle busy, you definitely have fast hands.  Maybe some more accents in the rolls.  Of course just an opinion from a 54 year old guy that loves music.  See what that Zendrum brings out, I'd love to hear it with the Zendrum and with an acoustic set.  Good Luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up