Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ZDLT and RMX  (Read 4120 times)

Alexei

ZDLT and RMX
« on: February 05, 2007, 07:39:20 am »

Hey everybody, my first post since i've become a happy ZDrummer. The question is I've got problems in system CubaseSX3-StylusRMX1,5-ZDLT. RMX produces only one sound out of 10-15 taps, I see red "lamp" blinking so Midi signal is arriving to RMX but maybe it has some inconsist level or whatever. All other midi devices like keyboards, rhythm machines don't have such a problem. ZD don't has such problems in other VSTi like BFD also. So, what's the problem???

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: ZDLT and RMX
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:03:47 am »

Hey Alexei!
Welcome to the Tribe!

I think I know what is happening...
Reverse the polarity of the sustain button (PL) function, from 0 to 1.
That will let the sonic envelopes play through and be heard.
Hope this helps,
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Alexei

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 12:57:33 am »

Hey Alexei!
Welcome to the Tribe!

I think I know what is happening...
Reverse the polarity of the sustain button (PL) function, from 0 to 1.
That will let the sonic envelopes play through and be heard.
Hope this helps,
David

Thanks David for your reply, I tried but it didn't work. I also played with other parameters but no result. Strange thing that it's happening in zdlt-rmx combination only. Any other works great.
Alexei

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 05:09:37 am »

Hey Alexei, I got a response from Eric Persing @ Spectrasonics.
Unfortunately, it looks like a chip mod will have to be created by us to fix this issue.
This is back on the drawing board for our engineer to create.
Here are Eric's comments...

[Yeah...the sustain pedal trick won't work with RMX and the Zendrum.

The notes that the Zendrum outputs are actually too short for RMX to respond to. Our solution that we did for the NAMM show was an extremely elaborate Logic Environment that lengthened the MIDI note data on real-time input. Unfortunately, it's not a fix that the average user could handle....pretty tricky to set-up and use.

You had mentioned last year that you were considering adding an adjustable gate time update to the Zendrum software...what's happening with that? That update would solve the RMX problem for sure. All us RMX users would be extremely grateful for that update! :-)

All the best,

Eric Persing
Creative Director
Spectrasonics

http://www.spectrasonics.net]
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Alexei

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 08:19:33 am »

Hello, David,
So would you consider a big period of time to prepare such a mod? And how can I implement this modding by myself witout sending ZDLT to the USA? The reason is I live in Russia :)

Go well,
Alexei
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:20:56 am by Alexei »

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:53 am »

Hey Alexei,

I'm not sure what Eric is doing with the "fix" he devised for his RMX.
Perhaps he can elaborate further for you if you contact him directly through the Spectrasonics link.

The Zendrum code mod project is underway, and we have been discussing which functional improvements to add.
These improvements will be sold as a user-replaceable chip swap, like the upgrade we sell for older ZX's now, so we can ship to Russia whenever its ready to go and you can replace the chip yourself there.

I don't know yet how long this will take to finish, or ultimately, what we will include as additional features. We are in the early prototype stage now. Hopefully, I will have something to test in about a month from Chris De Haas, our engineer.

David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

duojet

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 11:20:56 am »

MIDIOX will work for this. The Zendrum seems to send a note on, and then immediately another note on with zero velocity. this caused problems for me with EMU proteusX VST in Cakewalk Sonar. What I did was use MIDIOX to delay the second note on by approx 10 ms. Setting polarity worked for all other softsynths except proteus.

the great news is MIDIOX is free.

Have your midi input sent into midox instead of your sequencer. Set up the filter as I described. Send to a midi out, and then send that midi out into one of your inputs. THAT input should go into your sequencer. You can alternatively use midi yoke (a virtual midi patch cable) to do it if you dont want to use up hardware midi ports. I know this sounds a bit complicated but its really not. Let me know if you need any help but i'm 99% sure it will work.

http://www.midiox.com/

http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

Alexei

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 08:01:55 am »

Thanks duojet for your valuable comments, I've already set midi-ox and midi-yoke but something wrong with filter setting. It seems to be 100% right way to solve the problem. When I'd get I let you know.

duojet

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 08:59:29 am »

Thanks duojet for your valuable comments, I've already set midi-ox and midi-yoke but something wrong with filter setting. It seems to be 100% right way to solve the problem. When I'd get I let you know.

no problem. if you need any help let me know. i can post a screen shot of the filters (when i'm home after work) if you like.

Alexei

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 01:29:25 am »

So last weekend I had enough time for solving the problem. And it's finally happenned!! MidiOX and MidiYoke helped so much. Strange thing but for some reasons MidiOx didn't want to map noteoff signal. It seems to me that data mapping tool even didn't recognized noteoff signals. What I did- I used Filter section to filter out Noteoff signals. It works perfect.

Then in translation map section I convert NoteON signal to NoteOff with 10ms delay. Original signal was cloned as well.
Now it works fine ;D

Alexei
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:05:16 am by Alexei »

Bharath

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 01:57:34 pm »

Hello,

New around here. Just got a Sunburst LT model.

Any suggestions for achieving something similar on Mac OS X? Looks like MIDI-OX and MIDI-Yoke are Windows only. I tried changing the Logic environment to add delay etc, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

duojet

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 04:13:39 pm »

try this. i cant verify that it works, because i dont use a mac

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10541

timecutter

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 08:27:51 pm »

Midipipe is a good little utility. 

I was just experimenting with the duration feature of Midipipe recently.  It may be dependent on the ability of your software to work with scheduled MIDI events.   Using it with a module, I found that it worked for some patches, and not for others - not sure why.   I've found Midipie a useful piece of freeware. 

Mark

Chris Jude

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 10:34:28 am »

Thanks duojet and others.  I can only guess how many hours of fiddle finding this post (prior to the arrival of my LT) just saved me.  RMX was one of the first things I wanted to play around with.  I'll be armed with the 10ms fix up front.  Thanks again.

Bharath

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 04:29:55 pm »

Thanks Guys. It quite didn't really solve my problem though. I have tried it with both Logic and Pro Tools, but no luck. I am sure I set the pipe etc correctly in MidiPipe, but still Stylus didn't seem to play any sounds.

If you don't mind, can somebody who got it working for Stylus send me their MIDI Pipe settings file?

Thanks a lot
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up