Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maryland Get Together  (Read 14778 times)

Michael Render

Re: Maryland Get Together
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2007, 04:35:02 pm »

Ouch. I had some photos of zendrumers havin fun in mind. Thank god, you're OK.

Ingo.
More like these?
http://www.michaelrender.com/ZendrumGathering

The gathering was a blast. It was almost embarassing being in the same room as firemusician and the Wizard; they are seriously talented. And I never expected a guy called Pyrate could be such a gracious and giving person.

Little known facts about Pyrate:
He really lives near the ocean.
He really has a boat.
You have to go down Marina Road and Anchor Lane to get to his house.
He doesn't actually have an eye patch and he doesn't say "Avast"... much.

So who wants to go to the one in Akron, OH?

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2007, 04:46:52 pm »

Ah. That's much better. Seems you had a lot of fun. The next meeting needs a live-webcam or I need a cheap flight from germany - and my zendrum delivered before that.  ;D

Ingo.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2007, 05:03:57 pm »

Avast Thar Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble on the road home.  Glad to hear that you pulled it out and are ok.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2007, 06:52:43 pm »

Hey Guys,
What a rock n roll adventure of a road trip.
I'm glad you all made it home alive!
Michael, I hope you get the ride straightened out soon.
Still drivable I hope?

Chris DeHaas is down here visiting with me from Cleveland this weekend.
He said he hadn't seen the sun in weeks and he's flying right back into the winter mess tomorrow. All y'all need to move down here and live with us Hicks in Georgia where its 70 degrees today!
I know it would be a culture shock for you folks, but you wouldn't freeze your butts off all winter.
I don't see how you do it every year. Everybody freaks out down here if they see one snowflake come out of the sky and then they go out and buy up all the bread and milk at the store!!!
Hilarious...

I think its great you all took the initiative and made the strong effort to have this powwow.
Sounds like a very cool story to tell-
Kudos to each one of you, AND
Thank you Pyrate and (most especially) to your Better Half!
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2007, 10:25:22 am »

Avast Thar!!!

Sure Atlanta would be a fair weather place, but it would also be too land locked for this Pyrate, savvy!!  I would shrivel up like a prune.

I appreciate all the kind words. And so does me first mate.   Me first mate is the one that truly deserves all the praise.  A lucky man am I to have such a fine wench as she. 

Pyrate
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

redsparkleset

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 10:13:45 am »

I am very sorry I couldn't be there.  I had some last minute family committments.  (Mother in law, wife's birthday last minute family get-together)

It looks like it was a great time.  Count me in for round two. 

Maybe I could host an event on the Virginia side if others would be interested.

Andy

kbour

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2007, 08:06:20 am »

Hey Guys:

I am just now surfacing from some unanticipated, but intense, corporate issues.  Being the CEO, they required my personal involvement.  I ended up in the office all day for the last two weekends; thus, I had to miss this inaugural event.   It sounds like the four of you had a great time together.  Sorry to hear about the accident, Michael, but I'm glad that you survived it in one piece.   Nice driving! 

If there is interest in a repeat, I would certainly be willing to host the next session at my home in northern VA.  I have a pretty nice music studio that could comfortably handle 5 or so musicians and I have the requisite gear [22 port mixer console, JBL EON G2 stage speaker system w/ 18" sub, recording capability, full V-Drum set, Musser concert vibraphone (John!), Yamaha P-90 digital piano, etc].   I currently use a TD-20 to trigger ZD sounds, but I'm sure we could hook up other modules. 

Maybe this summer circa June or July? 

Ken

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2007, 09:04:28 am »

Avast Thar Ken,

We be wondering where you were.  Glad to see you are still with us.  Having a get together at your place sounds doable to me.

Pyrate

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2007, 08:00:17 pm »

Hey Ken, I would be interested in coming. I also use the TD-20 module and would drive up from Atlanta. Please know that I am also in the same position to host an event like that here. Who knows. we might be able to get inspector 109 AKA David Haney to attend. Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2007, 08:09:16 pm »

Hey everyone, count me in as well. If the Fire Department is not calling, I'll be there!
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up