Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Maryland Get Together  (Read 15117 times)

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Maryland Get Together
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:23:20 PM »

Avast Thar Mateys!!

I am planning a get together for the local Zendrummers in Maryland, DC, Virginia and wherever else anyone wishes to travel from.  Right now, I only have the date and general location selected,.  I have selected Saturday, 24 February 2007 as the date and the Annapolis, Maryland area for location (as it is the home area of not just yours truly but the Tribes own Mr. Wizard) (so I be a bit selfish, so sue me).   I am open to suggestions in the Annapolis area for a specific spot to meet and as to whether or not such a place would allow us to bring our various and sundry equipment.  I have also not set a specific time yet either.

Watch this space for further info as it develops.  Please RSVP to this subject if you intend to attend.

Fair Winds and Follwoing Seas,
Pyrate
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:40:26 AM by Geosphere »
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
Re: Maryland Get Together
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:50:53 PM »

Count me in!

John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 02:30:47 PM »

Jeez, that's freakin 5 hours away...
Play nice.

kbour

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:11:03 PM »

Count me in!
[/b][/color][/size]
Ken Bour

Michael Render

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »

Yeah, it's about a 5 hour drive for me also. Very tempting.

redsparkleset

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »

I'm down!

Andy

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 02:38:37 PM »

Shiver me tibers!!!

A 5 hour sail is but nothing.  Surely you gentlemen can attend such a grand unplanned event!!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

drumhead99

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
    • The Others
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »

Man,  I would have loved to meet with you guys  (and particularly with John E.--  I'm so tempted by the fruits of the software based sounds)....  but I'l be in Vermont that weekend...   keep us posted as to how it goes/went,  and when another one might come together!

Mike

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »

Hey you guys. If John E and Mike Farell, AKA drumhead 99, are ever in the same place, I want to be there too. I'm in Atlanta Georgia and I want to get together with these people to learn and exchange info. Because of John E, I have been researching that Muse Receptor and BFD software. Very interesting. I am getting tired of disconnecting my Roland TD-20 module from the kit to go places and then rewiring it. I would also be interested if anyone has purchased the V-expressions expansion for the TD-20 module and if they like it. Keep up the chat. You people ROCK !!! Dr. Shark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

kbour

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 07:58:54 PM »

Hey you guys. If John E and Mike Farell, AKA drumhead 99, are ever in the same place, I want to be there too. I'm in Atlanta Georgia and I want to get together with these people to learn and exchange info. Because of John E, I have been researching that Muse Receptor and BFD software. Very interesting. I am getting tired of disconnecting my Roland TD-20 module from the kit to go places and then rewiring it. I would also be interested if anyone has purchased the V-expressions expansion for the TD-20 module and if they like it. Keep up the chat. You people ROCK !!! Dr. Shark

Dr. Shark:

I bought a couple of the early VXpression kits for the TD-20.  Once I got "under the covers," I soon realized that they are just tweaked sounds already in the module.  With a bit of patience and reading the manual, I learned how to control/adjust the various COSM parameters and never needed any additional kits.   If you don't have the interest in learning about trigger settings/parameters, EQ, ambience, compression, et al., then the VXpression kits will come in handy.  With a modest amount of learning and fiddling, though, you can get the same or better results on your own.   If you have any questions, feel free to ask away...

Ken Bour

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »

Thank you kbour. I also added two more toms and another symbol and will use the last of my aux with another symbol and it would probly be worthless to spend the money to get the v-expression expansions. I will wait for Roland to come out with the new board. Dr Shark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

drumhead99

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
    • The Others
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 01:04:46 PM »

I bought a couple of the early VXpression kits for the TD-20.  Once I got "under the covers," I soon realized that they are just tweaked sounds already in the module. 

I've got to agree with Ken --  I bought the early VExpressions that came out for the TD-20--   and It's really just tweaking of the module.   Don't get me wrong--  they do a nice job of it.  But if you are a tweaker yourself,  then I think you can get similar  (or even better) results that suit your needs.   For the non-tweaker--    I think the Vexpressions is a really great option.

I think I am giving BFD a test drive tonight--  which means-  uh-oh..   probably going to be a movement over to the sortware side of things if things go the right way.  I've been really checking out/studying "the Freddy" receptor,  and I am just so intrigued by the BFD/sampled sounds...   

to Dr. Shark --   thanks for the compliment and hopefully at some point our/fellow Zendrummers schedules will allow us to be playing/sharing info with each other at some point.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »

Avast thar Mateys!!!

Many of you have expressed interest in not only getting together, but also bringing your rigs and Zendrums.  I have put much brain power (with what few brain cells still live wihin the confines of my skull and crossbones, Har Har).  The community in which I reside has a clubhouse available.  The cost for 6 hours of misadventure is $175.00.  If those of you planning on attending this event of the season are willing to share in the cost, I will happily make the arrangements.  If on the other hand you find such a cost prohibitive, then I would suggest meeting at an appropriate eating/drinking establishment to swap sea stories and zendrum tips.  However, such a solution precludes bringing in our marvelous instruments.

So what say ye?

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate

kbour

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »

Avast thar Mateys!!!

[SNIP] The community in which I reside has a clubhouse available.  The cost for 6 hours of misadventure is $175.00. 
[SNIP]
Pyrate

Pyrate:

Thanks for doing the research!  I wouldn't mind sharing in the cost.  If we get 5 attendees, it's only $25/head.  BTW, that sounds like a perfect number if we're actually going to try and play/experiment/share with instruments. 

Ken Bour

redsparkleset

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »

$25.00

Sounds good.  Just got permission from the boss.

Andy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up