Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about MIDI channel set up  (Read 1664 times)

weeksville

Question about MIDI channel set up
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »

I am waiting for my Zendrum to arrive and I am trying to learn as much as I can before it arrives so I can hit the ground running. Most of the midi setup looks pretty intuitive/analogous to other midi triggers. I have one question about assigning info to the triggers.  It appears that the midi transmit channel is universal for any given setup.  Does that mean you cannot assign different triggers to different midi channels within a setup?  I tried the search and could not find an answer.  Sorry if this is a repeat.

timecutter

Re: Question about MIDI channel set up
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:25:18 PM »

Hello - I'm something of a newbie myself, but I believe you are correct.  Each zendrum setup is assigned to a channel.  Different triggers within a setup can not be assigned to different channels - this is my understanding.

-Mark

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 03:00:36 PM »

That is correct.
Play nice.

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »

True...but certain Midi setups allow you to "channelize" different notes or ranges of notes to differnt channels.

This is one feature I hope to see in Zendrums someday: channel setting per pad, rather than per setup.

Jer

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 04:27:27 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys!

Indeed, ye can only set one MIDI channel  for an entire setup, currently.  But, there is a change in the wind and tide coming.  Me Pyrate ears have heard a rumor on the winds that a pototype of a new chip is being tested as we speak in low whispers of our desires.  Rumor also has it that Independent channel assignments is in the package.  But beware of what you wish for.  Keep your voices low and let  Inpector 109, Chris DeHaas, Kim, Gina and the rest of the fine folks at Zendrum work their magic.  Savvy!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.
Pages: [1]   Go Up