Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zendrum at NAMM  (Read 1008 times)

music4dw

Zendrum at NAMM
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:21:31 AM »

So, I'm at NAMM at of course the first thing I did on Thursday was to stop by the FXpansion booth to see John Emrich and say hi!

John was a big influence on me getting a Zendrum - I saw him at NAMM last year and watched his video's online many times.

Anyway, we spoke for a few minutes and then he generously offered a quick lesson - who am I to refuse such an offer   ;D

First I wanted to thank John on this forum for spending time with me at NAMM.  He walked through and demonstrated concepts to me - reiterating that playing the Zendrum is a very personal thing.  Having him demonstrate as he explains and being up close to see what he is describing is key.  I wanted to immediately run home and grab my Zendrum and start exploring some of these concepts, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

If you get a chance to take a lesson with John, do so, I highly recommend it.

And for those of you who may be thinking "what are these concepts, please tell us" - well, to paraphrase John  - you need to be there.  I'm not sure there's an effective way to communicate them in a static text format.  You really do need to be there.

This was definitely the highlight of the show!

Thanks again John!

P.S.  I did see a couple of other Zendrums at the show - an LT at Flying Hands percussion and a ZX at the EastWest booth.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: Zendrum at NAMM
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »

Love the quote in your signature! That's IT.
Thanks for the roving reporting.
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
Re: Zendrum at NAMM
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:49:20 PM »

I would like to thank all of the Zendrummers that stopped by.  It was a pleasure to meet all of you.  We are a rare breed of drummers and it is always nice to meet in person.  The show was great and the Zendrum was the star!

John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up