Zendrum Stuff > ZenEdit

Are edits made with Zenedit reflected in realtime on the Zendrum

(1/2) > >>

coxdrum48:
In other words, if I change a note number in Zenedit do I hear that immediately or do I need to save the edits in a sysex file and send them to the Zendrum?  Oh also, can you adjust the velocity at which notes switch in 4 note velocity switching mode?
Thanks,
Lantz

DrumWagon:
No, the current Zendrum board doesn't seem to support a real-time connection, so for the foreseeable future ZenEdit will remain an off-line sysex editor.  i.e., you make your changes in Zenedit and then push them up to your Zendrum manually when ready.

Funny you should ask about editing the cross-fade points, as I just recently (last night) added code to support this.  I'm still working on the UI for it, but expect to be able to tweak them within the next week or two.

cheers!

coxdrum48:
Cool.  I'm thinking it would be nice to have the fourth note in the crossfade only trigger at 127...like for a rimshot.
Thanks,
Lantz

DrumWagon:
Ok, v1.0.15 just hit the servers.  This version adds the ability to edit crossfade points!

For each setup, you can now set the precise points at which your Zendrum will switch between the cross-faded instruments.

Also new in this version is the ability to swap triggers.  You can now select 2 triggers and press Ctrl+W (or select "Swap Selected Triggers" from the Edit menu) and ZenEdit will swap the settings for the triggers.  This makes it easier to move stuff around when you are experimenting with your layout.

To obtain the latest release, choose "Check For Updates" from the Help menu.

There has actually been a flurry of updates recently, so make sure you check for updates once in a while to make sure you have the latest fixes and features.
You can always see the revision history here:
http://nebiru.com/zenedit/index.cfm?event=revisionHistory

cheers!
-darin

coxdrum48:
Very cool.  Hey what is the midi proxy server?  What does it do?  Do I need it?  Does it install as part of the Zenedit install?
Thanks,
Lantz 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version