Zendrum Stuff > ZenEdit

ZenEdit: The Z4 Computer Interface

<< < (2/3) > >>

DrumWagon:
That's fantastic, glad it's working well for you!

I haven't really trumpeted the benefits of building melodic setups in ZenEdit, but hopefully you've found it to be excellent in that regard.  You no longer need to enter in numeric values for notes, or spend time rifling through lookup tables.  With ZenEdit, you simply select the note by name -- piece of cake!

Holler if there's anything you need that can make it even better.  One idea, maybe being able to select a range of triggers and then transpose them up or down?

-darin

Zendrumdude:

--- Quote from: DrumWagon on July 28, 2010, 09:54:18 AM ---One idea, maybe being able to select a range of triggers and then transpose them up or down?

-darin

--- End quote ---

THAT would be AWESOME!!!  Please add, when you're ready to put up a new update.  This way, we melodic players could build a scale how we want, and then easily make the same scale/mode in different keys.

Thanks!

Jer

DrumWagon:
Sounds like a plan, I've penciled it into the schedule.  Thanks.

kungfudrummer:
I purchased my ZenEdit license this morning.  Looking forward to diving in, which I'm about to do as soon as I finish this post.

You may have already addressed these issues, but a few questions/suggestions come to mind based on initial exploration:

1) Is it possible, or are you planning in a future update, to allow mutlitiple windows for copying from one setup to another setup?  It would really ease the process if I could view a saved setup at the same time I'm viewing the current one.  This may already be a feature.  If it is, how can I get to it?

2)  Any plans for a pdf manual that I can download to my computer/Nook/Kindle/etc?  Also, how about registered users being able to download the tutorial video?

3) I also noticed that someone suggested a transpose-function.  Is that still on the books?

Thanks again for a great program!

Matthew

DrumWagon:

--- Quote from: kungfudrummer on August 28, 2010, 01:44:11 PM ---1) Is it possible, or are you planning in a future update, to allow mutlitiple windows for copying from one setup to another setup?  It would really ease the process if I could view a saved setup at the same time I'm viewing the current one.  This may already be a feature.  If it is, how can I get to it?

--- End quote ---
There are no plans to support opening multiple setups at once, however ZenEdit does include an extensive Copy feature.  This powerful feature allows you to copy setups whole-cloth, or just selected triggers, or just certain properties of triggers -- within the same file or across files.  You can access the copy feature by selecting [User Setup -> Copy From] from the main menu.  This is also covered a bit in the video tutorial.

--- Quote from: kungfudrummer on August 28, 2010, 01:44:11 PM ---2)  Any plans for a pdf manual that I can download to my computer/Nook/Kindle/etc?  Also, how about registered users being able to download the tutorial video?

--- End quote ---
Work on static documentation has stalled as it was holding up the release.  For the time being only the video tutorials are available, though they do cover most every aspect of the app.  And of course I'm available here to answer support questions.  There is also a forum on the ZenEdit site.

The direct links to the tutorials for downloading are:
http://nebiru.com/zenedit/tutorials/rendered/intro.swf
http://nebiru.com/zenedit/tutorials/rendered/midi_setup.swf

--- Quote from: kungfudrummer on August 28, 2010, 01:44:11 PM ---3) I also noticed that someone suggested a transpose-function.  Is that still on the books?

--- End quote ---
Yes!
The build I'm working on right now in concentrating on improving the "note pickers", both for "module" and melodic users.  New features are sorting and filtering capabilities, a piano roll for note selection and also the transposition feature.
There is no firm date on when this will be finished, but it will go out as an automatic update -- more then likely sometime in September.

I hope this answers your questions, but fire away if you have any more.

cheers
-darin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version