Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stick and fingers...  (Read 937 times)

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
stick and fingers...
« on: July 11, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »

Hi, anyone else out there using your right hand on e- drums, while using the left hand on the zendrum? for example,paradiddle diddle, paradiddle diddle paradiddle  r stick, left middle finger, 2 r sticks, left middle finger, left index finger, repeat then r stick left middle finger, repeat, I play these to sound like rolls at 132... just curious

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Re: stick and fingers...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »

These can also be played with a right hand paradiddle  at the end, which would alternate the pattern...

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 09:40:56 PM »

Hey!

Out of curiosity, why would you play e-drums and Zendrum together?  Just wondering what your application is.

I too have been messing with rudiments on my Zendrum using finger doubles like you describe.  Rhythmically it's working for me, but I find it difficult to get accurate dynamics- but am working on it!

Jer

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:53:39 PM »

Hello, I use the Zendrum with 24 triggers, Roland spd 20 with additional pads for a total of 12 more pads, and a Roland td 6v with 8 more pads for a total of 44 different sounds available, using above, plus garage band, bfd2, battery 3, and other various programs... so I use sticks, or a combination of 1 hand, 1 stick, or 2 hands... Thanks for the question... Rob

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 10:01:15 PM »

Reminds me of what John Emrich posted before about ways to incorporate a Zendrum Zap into a kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cC1ZhZbeg8
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up