Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zendrum gathering in Atlanta  (Read 2140 times)

rsanto

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Re: Zendrum gathering in Atlanta
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 07:49:14 AM »

I plan to attend.  I'll be watching for details.

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »

I just sent you an invite via facebook rsanto.  Just hit attending so we can keep an active headcount.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »

I am green with envy! I'd love to be there and trade info and deep dark secrets! Can't get away at that time, and Atlanta is a hike by car too, from Massachusetts.
How about a video or three, then maybe those that can't get there, can take the proverbial "fly-on- the-wall" approach?!?!
Have fun guys!
Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

camcojunky

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »

I am trying to find a way to make the trip, but it looks as though I may not be able to make it this time... however I hope that we can make this an annual event, possibly rotating the location to different parts of the country in order to give the best chance to every Zendrummer to have the learning experience and camaraderie that this meeting is sure to be.

I believe that if this does become a regular thing, it will create a "snowball effect" in which software developers, studio owners, non-Zen drummers, etc. will show up to experience the Zendrum first hand. The instrument will become better known as a result, and this can only be a good thing.

I am already making plans to block out some time at the end of August 2011... does everyone think this would be the regular weekend?

Michael

Tom Roady

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »

There is really no way to know what will come about camcojunky....Zendrums have been around for 16-17 years....people in the industry know about us....speaking solely as a person that has been around playing the zendrum at NAMM and PASIC shows...people either get it or not.....what I really feel about this gathering is that those of us that can make it get to learn play and have fun as a community...I personally don't really want this to expand into a big deal  corporate sponsor/ software developer/ etc UNLESS it is directly something that does or will pertain to our instruments...when companies get involved they bring their agenda to the gathering also...I think we have more than enough to do to just get us to this point... and we all need to thank Mark Greenbaum for stepping up to the table and getting it to this point...as for an annual thing.....we'll see...fall is a lot better time for us to get together I feel...maybe October... and other cities...we'll have to see about that also..don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but we just need to not get ahead of ourselves.....so sorry you can't make it this time...but hopefully there will be more opportunities down the road.."the mayor"

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 06:19:25 AM »

I agree with Tom, when I brought the idea up back in March, my intent was to get with other Zendrummers and look to see what they are doing with their Zens.  My pad layout will be totally different than someone elses layout.  But someone elses may turn on the "light bulb" for me that may allow me to play a style that I have not been able to crack yet.  It also will allow others to bring accessories to the table for others to see.  I am bringing a Roland FC-300 midi foot controller.  That is not an item that you can just go to the local music store, try the demo model and then decide if you want to buy it.  I had to purchase it, then hook it up to see if it would work for what I wanted it to do.  With this get together, others will be able to see how it would interact with thier setup without buying it first.  If we bring sponsors in, I think it would lose the one on one focus with the Zendrum.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

camcojunky

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »

Tom, Rob,

You both make good points. I should clarify that my mention of software/hardware developers showing up at a Zen gathering was envisioned more as a situation that they would just show up and learn more about the Zen and the needs/wants of Zendrummers, in order to hopefully develop their respective products with the Zendrum in mind. I have seen many instances on this forum where people have had to experience frustrations with the quirks of modules or software, when some of those quirks could probably have been avoided had the engineers been familiar with a Zendrum.

Like you, I would be totally against tradeshow booths from YamaRolesis attempting to sell Zendrummers the latest XYZ-20 whatever, but technical people just showing up to hang out and talk with Zendrumusers and engineers would be a good thing IMHO.

Michael

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »

Greetings,

First let me start by saying thanks for all of the personal invites.  I was trying to keep my schedule clear, but I am sad to say that I am slammed with commitments and won't be able to attend.  I was hoping to go and see what everybody was doing.  The new Z4 chip has been a great upgrade and will allow us all to be more expressive.

Good luck!
John

John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up