Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: De-Smellifiers  (Read 1645 times)

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
De-Smellifiers
« on: December 15, 2006, 09:38:16 AM »

Greetings tribefolks...

this hasn't happened to me yet, but it was something I was thinking about.

For those of us who play our Zendrums in the bar scene, do you have trouble with your instruments smelling of tobacco afterwards?  How do you get it out?  I don't want to do anything that'll mar the instrument, so I'd really be prepared and ask about it before it even happens!  Thanks.

-Jon
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
Re: De-Smellifiers
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:16:09 AM »

I stopped playing in smoky venues years ago.  Got tired of having to strip at the back door when I got home just so the wife would let me into the house.  :o

Fabreeze worked well on some things, but hard plastics and woods still had residual smoke smells.
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

Michael Render

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:53:09 AM »

They just banned smoking in clubs here in Ohio, so no worries for local gigs.

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 02:55:12 PM »

Yeah, I haven't been in a place that allows smoking for years now.
Play nice.

retro surfer

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 10:41:04 PM »

good question and important if you play in bars and luckily fairly easy to resolve I play guitar in bars fairly regularly and have had good luck with Fabreze or Nok-out (green label one) deoderizers I usually just dampen a rag and leave it in the guitar cases for a day or so dont wipe in on instruments just dampen the rag lightly and smoke smell is gone.  cofee grounds (dry) usually works well also same way just put in hardcase for a day or so. same thing can help a leather jacket in a box just don't get it on the leather

Proud owner of a Maple laptop

jeff sanders

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:38:40 PM »

good question and important if you play in bars and luckily fairly easy to resolve I play guitar in bars fairly regularly and have had good luck with Fabreze or Nok-out (green label one) deoderizers I usually just dampen a rag and leave it in the guitar cases for a day or so dont wipe in on instruments just dampen the rag lightly and smoke smell is gone.  cofee grounds (dry) usually works well also same way just put in hardcase for a day or so. same thing can help a leather jacket in a box just don't get it on the leather

as of 05/07 arizona will ban smoking in bars too.

retro surfer

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 11:43:21 PM »

Yep Arizona going smokeless allot of cities already banned smoking now state wide which I sure don't mind since I quit 20 years ago but private clubs and dedicated smoking bars still out there so still good to know.  I'm not playing much anymore but did my time on that circuit.   

Good to see your still out there Jeff any better luck with the Mac. :-\
Proud owner of a Maple laptop
Pages: [1]   Go Up