Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gig on June 17th in Bethesda, Maryland  (Read 2246 times)

revelrain

Gig on June 17th in Bethesda, Maryland
« on: May 24, 2006, 10:52:43 AM »

My band, Cassandra Syndrome ( http://www.cassandrasyndrome.com ), in which I play the Zendrum, will be opening for Ephemeral Sun on Saturday, June 17th at East Coast Music Production Camp, which is located at 4819 St.Elmo Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20810.  It's a progressive rock/metal show, and Ephermeral Sun is absolutely phenomenal, and I'd love if some of you could come out.  Tickets can be purchased through DC-SOAR at http://www.dc-soar.org/disp2.php?view=tix if anyone's interested.  Hope to see some of you there!

Be well,

Jay
Cassandra Syndrome 

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Re: Gig on June 17th in Bethesda, Maryland
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:03:36 PM »

My 4 year old daughter is Cassandra.  I'm hoping Cassandra Syndrom is not the desire to be swung about upside down until you spit friut punch on daddy.
Play nice.

revelrain

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:40:06 PM »

LOL  No, that's not it.  Be pretty funny, though.   :)

Anyhoo, in Greek mythology, Cassandra had the gift of foresight, but was cursed by the fact that non one would believe her.  She had foreseen the fall of Troy (the whole Trojan Horse thing) but still no one believed her.  "Cassandra Syndrome" is applied to predictions of doom about the future that are not believed, but upon later reflection turn out to be correct.  The reasoning that the person making the predictions is disbelieved is because the people she is trying to convince are living in a state of denial.

Have you seen the movie '12 Monkeys'?  That whole movie is about the Cassandra Syndrome.  Also, Terminator 2, where she can't get anyone to believe her about the robots coming, that's a Cassandra Syndrome situation, too.

Hope that makes sense.  I borrow liberally from Wikipedia.  ;)

Be well,

Jay 

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 12:47:16 PM »

Anyhoo, in Greek mythology, Cassandra had the gift of foresight,

Yes, and in truth, my daughter's name (with her middle name) means Seer Of The Stars.  Quite intentional, actually.
Play nice.

retro surfer

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 10:32:45 PM »

thanks for the education and the web site you have is excellent great sound best of luck
Proud owner of a Maple laptop

revelrain

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 06:47:27 AM »

Yes, and in truth, my daughter's name (with her middle name) means Seer Of The Stars.  Quite intentional, actually.

That's awesome.  I've always thought that names with intentional meanings are some of the coolest.  :)

thanks for the education and the web site you have is excellent great sound best of luck

Thanks very much, I'm hoping it all goes well.  The headliner, Ephemeral Sun, is absolutely fantastic, very prog rock type stuff.  Last time I saw them, their entire set consisted of two songs, one 8 minutes and one 43 minutes.  ;)

Also, we got a little flyer doodad put together in case anyone's interested.  We're also getting a mention in the Bethesda Gazette, and an article was submitted to the Washington Post.  Of course that doesn't mean the Post is going to do anything, but I'm trying to be optimistic here.  ;)

Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up