Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Weekend of Zen  (Read 1036 times)

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
My Weekend of Zen
« on: November 07, 2006, 08:37:40 AM »

So my band played a convention this weekend... my Zendrum got put through it's paces and how... in our main space, I had it hooked up to my regular rig, no problem.  At one point, some of us were asked to play for an event in another part of the convention.  So I grabbed my battery box (thanks Mr. DeHaas!), my drum machine, my Zendrum, and we were hooked into the system at the event.  At one point on Saturday night, I was the only one who knew the lyrics to this one song, so I held the mic with my left hand and played the groove on the Zendrum with my right!  It even sounded halfway decent!!

I played jazz and percussion and rock and techno and everything in between.  Did I ever mention that I love my Zendrum???

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

Michael Render

Re: My Weekend of Zen
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:27:04 AM »

Way to go. You are now a Slash! You know, Zendrummer(slash)Singer. Now get a wireless headset mic and you are all set to wow them with two handed grooves.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: My Weekend of Zen
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:09:50 AM »

Arrrgghhhh! Souns like it was an exciting time.  I would have liked to have seen that.

Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.
Pages: [1]   Go Up