Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st solo performance rig  (Read 4648 times)

Tom Roady

1st solo performance rig
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:30:43 PM »

Hey tribe..I'm posting some photos of my first solo gig I did last friday...hope you enjoy seeing them "the mayor"

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: 1st solo performance rig
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

I see, but I don't understand without the sound. I am very curious to hear what you did.  Did you record any of your playing?  Maybe you could post a little mp3. Glad that you finally made it back home. Thumper
Thumper

timecutter

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »

looks like a lotta fun there Mr. Mayor - is that one of those new-fangled Korg units I see there?   How'd the gig go?

Mark

Tom Roady

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »

Ok honestly...you know when you play a gig and you like what you play more than not...I feel I was about 75% happy...No glitches to speak of...the sun messed with me at first...hard to see those LED's and LCD's in sunlight...plus the sun started to mess with my Mandala drum...but once the sun when down...smooth sailing..the midi gods were good to me that evening....the kit is a blast to play and the Wavedrum is major major fun....everytime I play it I discover new things about it...it keeps me exploring and that is what we are all about on here. Look at the instrument we all play and love!!..that is exploring at the max....putting the sticks down and your thinking cap on!   "the mayor"

Tom Roady

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »

I'm putting up a link here to an interview I did last week with Mel Bay Publications for their Youtube Channel....there is  a little footage of a live performance I did later that day of the interview....i'll get more video of the next  gigs soon..."the mayor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-RblMrRJns

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 05:54:35 AM »

Avast Thar Mayor,

Shiver me timbers, but that rig be complex.  Aye am not certain what some of it even does (particularly that hanging thing that looks like a drying Octopus).  But Aye bet it was fun nonetheless.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 04:11:48 AM »

Excellent interview and Gig footage Tom.

Well done, wish I was there.
Mick

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 07:52:24 PM »

That was really interesting Mr. Mayor!

You have lots of fun percussion toys, and that's what it's all about... having fun.....
 I noticed a big smile on your face during the whole shoot... cool!  ;D

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

Tom Roady

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »

Thanks you tribe members...I'll be trying to get more video up in the weeks ahead..."the mayor"

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 06:37:12 PM »

Tom,

Great interview, great footage, great solo gig stuff!  You da bomb, man!  I'd love to see more solo vids...

Jer

rancar

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »

Tom,
  Or should I say Mr. Mayor... That was a wonderful interview. It is quit evident you love what you do. What a great life playing percussion. When I grow up I want to do that... (I'm 58 now is there still time)?
Custom Shop ZX: Wenge with Purpleheart and Padouk Layers.... What a Christmas that was...
Pages: [1]   Go Up