Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compatibility with D-drum 4 module  (Read 869 times)

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Compatibility with D-drum 4 module
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:32:25 AM »

Hey Everybody,
Has anyone tried a D-drum 4 module with a Zendrum?
Any tips and tricks I should know?
Thanks!
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
Re: Compatibility with D-drum 4 module
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »

Hi David,
as far as I am aware you are limited to 10 "Drum sounds" per kit? Multi-layered samples are spread across adjoining MIDI notes.

You may get some info over at www.ddrums.com Forum though it's a bit quiet there these days. I was originally hoping to use a Ddrum 4 module myself with a Zendrum....especially the Simon Phillips and Kenny Aronoff kits.

If you are still in touch with "Chris Jude" he may be able to help.

Cheers
Michael
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:13:51 AM by MustangMick »

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:28:41 AM »

Thanks for the info Mick!
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Lunatique

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 02:49:43 AM »

I actually have a Ddrum 4 kit in my studio, and I've had it since 2001. I'm not too happy with it since it's kind of long in the tooth in terms of technology and compatibility with today's products. I only use it to practice my drumming on, but in terms of sounds, it's not the most detailed or expressive, including the extra sounds from the famous drummers. It also isn't the best for working with today's drum libraries because these libraries weren't really around when the Ddrum 4 was designed.

Tom Roady

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:30:29 AM »

I totally agree with Lunatique...new modules and VSTs are really the way to go...retro gear has so many limitations to them..most have very limited voices as Mick mentioned..I just sold one of my favorite drum modules of all time.....the Dynacord Add-One which Future used to have two of in his rack...it was great sounding but 16 bit sampling and only 8 voices...it was much better suited for playing with the pad kit that came with it when I bought it in 1986....I loved that box for many years...hadn't used it in a long time. Sampling technology has advanced so much in the last 10 years and even more so in the last 2 or 3. Boxes like the ddrum 3 and 4 were the bomb in their day and still are great...but just not up to what technology has provided for us today...thus said...I'm really looking forward to hearing and playing what Inspector 109 and his son Chris are coming up with at Zendrum World Headquarters R&D department and studio.....I'm already preparing to get the latest version of Battery to play them on when they are ready..and I'm really pumped to have been offered the opportunity to bring a lot of my personal instruments down to try and sample for the library at some point...it really is something we've (David,Kim Gina )and I have been talking about for 15 years. I just hope my playing will come up to the slamming playing David and Chris are doing...bottom line...try to use the modules/samplers/drum machines that you have to their maximum capacity, but be prepared to be a little disappointed at how they respond to the incredible technology advances that Zendrum has come up with in the last 16 years. "the mayor"
Pages: [1]   Go Up