Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BFD Sig Snares Vol. 2  (Read 1019 times)

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
BFD Sig Snares Vol. 2
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:18:13 PM »

FXpansion is proud to present the second instalment of Yamaha artist signature snares for your BFD2 library. With the usual high levels of detail, multiple channels and multiple articulations, BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 is ready for you to sequence and mix using BFD 2.1's powerful software interface.

Features:
Low-cost, download-only expansion pack for BFD2
5 signature snares
Multiple articulations including rim-clicks
Played with various beaters (sticks, brushes, mallets, rods)

Pricing & Availability:

BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 is a download only product and is available now from the web shop!

BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 is GBP £35, Euro €49, USD $70 for all registered BFD2 owners

Special Offer!: BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 is GBP £25, Euro €35, USD $50 for all registered BFD2 owners with one or more of the Yamaha Expansion Kits (Maple Custom Absolute, Oak Custom, BFD Cocktail, BFD Heavy or Signature Snares Vol.1)

More information:
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=105

Cheers,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Re: BFD Sig Snares Vol. 2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 07:33:47 PM »

Hi Mr Emrich, how are you doing? bfd sig snares vol 2 sounds excellent!!! i do have some questions.  what was the black bass and toms drum kit  did you play with the snares and do you know which bfd2 expansion pack there on. the bass was great. are there any mixer presets that come with the snares in vol 2. and.  is there plans in the futrue for positional sensing with the zendrum where you can play a side stick and hit or buzz on 1 trigger?

thanks john keep up the great work.

mark

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:57:47 PM »

Hi Mark,

The other "black" drums are the Maple Custom Absolute drums for BFD2.  It is available as a download set from the FXpansion website.

Signature Snares 2 (follow the link above for more details) does not have presets.  It is just a collection of snares.  The other expansion kits include mixer presets that will allow you to replace the snare and keep the mixer settings.

Possitional sensing involves a measurement between two points on a single trigger pad.  It started with Roland and is a shift between two notes.  The Zendrum does not do that, but you can use the velocity switching capabilities to shift between different articulations depending on how hard you hit it.  You can also have a foot pedal send a MIDI CC value that can be used to shift between hit and half edge sounds for the snare.

I use two Zendrum triggers under my left hand for hit and half edge sounds which gives me the same effect.  The two pads are right next to each other and the movement between my two fingers is basically the same as positional sensing.  I use a third trigger right next to that group for the Rim Shot.  The other two snare triggers I use add the Drag and Cross Stick.  That's more info than you asked for, but this set up gives me the realism I want and only takes up one instrument slot in BFD2.

Hope this helps,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:46:56 AM »

Hi Mr Emrich, i saw the video on the Maple Custom Absolute drums for BFD2.  Nice sounds and nice playing there Mr E. Does this pack include any mixer presets. 

thanks
mark

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »

sorry John, i see in your previous post that they do have mixer presets.  sorry. 

thanks
markl
Pages: [1]   Go Up