Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z4 GUI Wishlist, Now Taking Requests  (Read 5183 times)

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Z4 GUI Wishlist, Now Taking Requests
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »

Hey Darin,

I agree with Jer's comments. I am willing to pay for it. I am also willing to be a beta site if you need one. I am interested in knowing how this GUI will be able to interface with ALL the software  programs and modules that are available to us. Also, the compatability issues with computers, ie, Windows 7 vs Vista etc. I am excited to see how this works out. You Rock !!

Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »

ZenEdit 1.0 has now been officially released!

You can pick it up for Windows, Mac OS or Linux today at:

http://www.nebiru.com/zenedit/

Documentation is still somewhat sparse, but I wanted this get this app into your hands as quickly as possible ;)
There are some tutorial videos on the site that should get you started, and I'm available here or on the ZenEdit forum to answer any questions you may have.

cheers, and thanks for your patience in seeing this go live!
-darin
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 04:46:15 AM »

Well done, DrumWagon!
I played the videos for someone who came by to drop off his ZX for a Z4 retrofit.
His first word upon hearing how many extra features he could access- "Incredible!"
We're all very impressed here with what you've created.
All Z4 owners should get ZenEdit to realize the full potential of the new engine.
Sign me up!
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 08:25:15 AM »

Drum Wagon can you post the steps on how we hook up our Zendrum and computer to be able to transfer what we edit. This would be helpful to those of us that are computer challenged. Thanks for doing this it will be a Great asset to the Zendrumming community. Thumper
Thumper

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »

There is now a new forum space specifically for discussing the ZenEdit, as this thing has amazing potential to redefine Zendrumming and all Q&A for it should be easy to find.

Head over to the ZenEdit board and give some posts.

Oh, and DrumWagon has moderator control there in addition to me.  This will allow him to move posts out of that forum and such in case they truly don't apply, lock threads and create stickies.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:58:41 AM by Geosphere »
Play nice.

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 10:02:30 AM »

DrumWagon now also has the title "Editor In Chief" under his name on all posts.
Play nice.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 10:22:41 AM »

Woo Hoo!  A promotion!   :)  Thanks Paul!

And thanks for the shout-out David!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »

Drum Wagon can you post the steps on how we hook up our Zendrum and computer to be able to transfer what we edit. This would be helpful to those of us that are computer challenged. Thanks for doing this it will be a Great asset to the Zendrumming community. Thumper

Thumper, I've placed some rudimentary instructions up here:  http://nebiru.com/zenedit/index.cfm?event=helpIndex

Hope this helps,
-darin

Ask me about:

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 03:29:48 PM »

Nice going !!!! This is AWESOME !!! Thank you for doing this. I will be purchasing and downloading it on Thursday night. Can you discuss what the diffrence is using your interface with a Z4 vs a non Z4 Zendrum. ( I have one of each and need to rationalize getting the other one upgraded.)

Thanks,

Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »

Thanks Mark, I really appreciate the kind words.

I guess it's worth doubly pointing out that ZenEdit will ONLY work with 4.0 boards.   It cannot interpret data from a 3.x board.

For a 3.x Zendrum, you can probably still use Mokugyo (http://zendrum.com/resource-site/zmokug.htm).  I believe (but someone correct me if I'm wrong) that Geosphere wrote that app.  It's sort of a one-trick-pony in that it only allows you to change note values, and only speaks general MIDI, but it does what it does well and I myself used to use it before I upgraded my board.

ZenEdit of course goes much farther than that.  On just comparing that one feature (changing notes) ZenEdit brings to the table:
  • Can use note names from GM, your module or your software
  • Can display melodic note names.
  • Can set values for all 4 crossfade points.

And of course that's not to mention all the other features it exposes, such as fine tuning the calibration for each trigger by setting the noise floor and velocity curve.  So in that sense, they are apples and oranges.

HTH

Ask me about:

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »

I got mine  >-D  ;D  Thumper
Thumper

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 07:13:30 PM »

For a 3.x Zendrum, you can probably still use Mokugyo (http://zendrum.com/resource-site/zmokug.htm).  I believe (but someone correct me if I'm wrong) that Geosphere wrote that app.  It's sort of a one-trick-pony in that it only allows you to change note values, and only speaks general MIDI, but it does what it does well and I myself used to use it before I upgraded my board.

Yeah, the Mokugyo was mine and it should still work with the z3.  But really, with the new ZenEdit, its really such a feature set of the z4 that it just blows away any prior efforts.  Its worth it to upgrade if for nothing else than being able to use the ZenEdit.  Seriously.
Play nice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up