Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So near yet so far  (Read 788 times)

Slavedave

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
So near yet so far
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:55:46 PM »

So, my first trip to the States took place over the last week and where should I be staying?  Duluth in Atlanta! A mere stones throw(considering I travelled from Dublin in Ireland) from the HQ. 
I had hoped to get some free time to be able to contact the main man and arrange a visit to see the "hatchery" where ZD's are created but it just wasn't happening on this trip.  Maybe the first of many trips though so you never know.
America was a blast!  Can't wait to come back some day and experience more of that warm Southern hospitality!

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
Re: So near yet so far
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:53:35 AM »

Hi Dave,

Wow...that WAS close! You were only about an hour away (depending on Atlanta traffic).
So glad you experienced real Southern Hospitality! Yes, please do let us know if you ever get here again...we hope we'll get to meet you next time!

In the meantime, go well!
Gina
Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

Slavedave

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:36:25 AM »

Thanks Gina,
Next time I will probably hire a car to ive me more mobility.  Will give you a shout if a trip is looming (maybe I'll bring in my LT for a tune-up!).
Slán (equivalent of ciao in Gaelic),

Dave

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »

I had a similar heartbreaker last Halloween... I was in Florida for a conference for 5 days and REALLY wanted to rent a car to head up there, but it just wasn't to be. 

As a funny sidenote, while I was down there, I called David on the phone to tell him how close I was... he didn't pick up so I closed my flip phone.  5 hours later I opened my phone and that call was STILL ACTIVE.  With the roaming charge it was almost $300!  Fortunately after some panicked calls, they removed it from my bill.

Jer
Pages: [1]   Go Up