Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confusion on the new integrated wireless  (Read 719 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Confusion on the new integrated wireless
« on: February 20, 2010, 06:52:47 AM »

Hey everyone,

I have been reading some of the posts on here about upgrading to the new Z4 chip and adding the internal wireless and internal power supply.  One of the comments that was made was that if you have the internal wireless and power supply, you cannot go back to using a cable.  Are you saying that if I upgrade to the internal system I cannot use the external power supply and a MIDI cable?  I am interested in upgrading because the more I play the more I find myself going wireless so just flipping on the power switch on the back of the Zen is a more simple process than hooking up the external power box and transmitter along with a 9volt battery and two AA's.  If anyone could clear this up, I am just curious because I don't use my wireless all of the time, rehersals, practice and so on, just when I am out playing a show.

Thanks,

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: Confusion on the new integrated wireless
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »

Hey Sticks,
Here's what was going on-
The issue was that splitting the MIDI output into two sends (cable harness and MJet transmitter) required that the power output be stepped up on our circuitboard to function within the TD-20 Roland's threshold for recognizing incoming events. Two tiny parts were changed on the Z4 to accomplish this compatibility fix. We've tested with every module, usb, firewire we could find and the TD-20 was the only issue we had. It's fixed. We've run both signals simultaneously through TD-20 and Alesis, and it can drive anything successfully now. The cabled way works fine.

You are correct that changing one 9v is better.
Having NOTHING on the strap is sweet.
I just did my debut gig with the Alesis DM-10 and the MJet.
First thing I did was go listen to the front house mix and see if my custom DM-10 edits were translating through the PA?
Yes they were!
Had a great gig with no issues either from the battery or the wireless.
Call me and we'll talk about retrofitting your transmitter to be installed.

David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:18:49 AM »

Sounds great inspector!  I think I will be down that way in late may early June for some military stuff, when I get the exact dates I will be calling to set up a time with you and drop my ZX off for the upgrades.

Thanks,

Sticks
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:14:02 AM »

So David, this fix for the TD-20 -- is this something that we can implement "off-site" as it were, or would it necessitate sending our instruments back to the factory?
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 12:02:41 PM »

Drum Wagon
You should call me for specific instructions.
We'll try to keep this simple.
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Up