Zendrum Stuff > I don't have a Zendrum, but...

Some questions about wireless

<< < (2/4) > >>

DrumWagon:
In addition to Roland, it appear some M-Audio equipment can no longer be used when wired directly.   Neither my Axiom-25 nor my Midisport Uno are functioning.  :-\

randtor:
I haven't upgraded to the wireless option yet. I am running a Roland TD-10, so I will probably have the same problem of non communication should I choose to go wireless. But I don't know if really hits me. I don't mind the wire thing. I don't want to be changing batteries during the evening, or run out of battery power in the middle of a set or song. Is there enough upside using wireless to offset potential problems like non communication and loss of battery power at a bad time?

Also, losing the the input jack on the back... I haven't used mine at all, but I am going to start experimenting with a foot pedal for bass drum. If you lose one jack, will the other still be usable for a foot pedal option? Drumwagon, my switches say "foot pedal" and "sustain", but I notice your picture doesn't specify which one you still have. And, is the battery readily accessible to switch out? Looks like you have to unscrew the cover, but I assume that is not correct?

Thanks,

RandO

peabody58:

--- Quote from: randtor on February 06, 2010, 11:59:02 am ---... I am running a Roland TD-10, so I will probably have the same problem of non communication should I choose to go wireless. ...
--- End quote ---

The TD-10 is not impacted, only the TD-20.  They have already found a fix for it.  My Draken is getting my outboard wireless moved inside right now.  I never had a problem with my Wieless, Z4 and TD-10exp.  I'm really looking forward to no wireless units/battery box taped to my back.  Less things to worry about and only one battery to chage vs. 3.

THUMPER:
They have already found a fix ?  I have been a little concerned as my custom Zendrum is being fitted for internal wireless and I DID want the ability to  have wireless or wired on my TD-20.  I have been using a midi jet Pro for a couple of years now and it has been flawless up to now   making sure that the batteries were always charged was something that I did the night before every gig but sometimes  I just  want to plug in the merge brick and play thru different set ups wired.  so to lose that ability was a concern for me. I would like to see confirmation that this little hiccup has been rectified. That would make me feel better. Thumper

THUMPER:
You can always plug your foot pedal into your module if you have one. I am not sure if that can be done with the software route or not? does anyone know if you can ? Thumper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version