Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage Drums recording session photos on my FaceBook page  (Read 878 times)

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Vintage Drums recording session photos on my FaceBook page
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »

Here are some shots of my ongoing project to sample and play my 1937 and 1962 vintage drumset with my Zendrum.
My son Chris and I are editing the ProTools session now into Native Instruments Battery software and creating ready-to-play kits from the entire collection- struck with Sticks, Rods, Brushes, and Mallets. We've been listening and designing drumsets around our favorite drum recordings and testing our sounds against finished mixes. This is the completion of a 15 year quest for me to finally hear my drums without hauling them around and is a project very near and dear to my heart. Take a look at these drums and you'll understand why...come visit and enjoy.
David

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13751&id=100000047873748&l=9c16bc0263
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

camcojunky

Re: Vintage Drums recording session photos on my FaceBook page
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:20:31 PM »

David,

OMG.. those are stunning!!! What are the sizes? That BD looks like a 26", yes? Can't wait to hear the results.

I see why you wouldn't want to run the risk of moving them; I am getting the same way with my Camcos. They live at home, and the Milestone kit does any traveling. Hopefully, when I finish my ZX upgrade and get the computer rig together, they can ALL stay home!

Michael

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »

Thanks Michael!
I got them from another longtime Zendrummer/friend- Tom Pettit.
As I understand the story from Tom, I'm only the third owner since 1937!
This is reported to be the first year Slingerland made tunable toms due to the popularity and importance of the first drum mega-superstar & "household name endorser"- Gene Krupa.
The sizes are- 26X14 kick, 9X13, 14X14, 16X16 toms, with a 7X14 wooden snare.
They live in my studio now, and yes, they sound GREAT.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

tomtato

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:55:51 PM »

David:  I miss my old drums, but I still love the Zendrum I traded them for.  Now, if you can get me those sounds that I miss sooooo much, I'l be as happy as a pig in poop.  Keep working on it buddy.  I have been way too busy for way too long.  This is the first time in a long time I've pulled up the sight and lo and behold, 1937 Slingerland Radio Kings.  Too many.  I'm still playin' and singin' and having lots of fun.  www.pettitbros.com
I'm also busy running for Weld County Commissioner here in northern Colorado.  www.electtompettit.com   May not be up yet, but soon.
And I still got my day job with the School District.

Please say hey to Gina and Kim.  I hope to see you all (that's as close as I come to an accent) again very soon.

Keep in touch and take care.  (of those RKs)

Tom Pettit

Pages: [1]   Go Up