Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZENdrum sending pitch bend to BFD2-can't get it to stop  (Read 1363 times)

coxdrum48

ZENdrum sending pitch bend to BFD2-can't get it to stop
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:43:55 am »

As I play my Zendrum a picth bend command gets sent to BFD2 on different midi channels and the pitch goes up an octave.  The Zendrum program change midi channel and the BFD2 receive channel are set to different values but it just keeps happening.  I can't figure this out.
lantz

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: ZENdrum sending pitch bend to BFD2-can't get it to stop
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:31:11 pm »

Have you checked what CC value your momentary switch is set to?
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

coxdrum48

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 01:26:38 pm »

No I haven't.  Should I just delete it if it's there?

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 04:14:09 pm »

Hello,

You mentioned the program change channel... this is not relevant to your issue, as pitch bend is not a program change.

What is it exactly that causes the pitch bend?  Is it the sus switch?  I am guessing it's that, because it's probably NOT a trigger... note messages should not mess with CC values like pitch.  You'll want to find out exactly WHAT causes the issue and change its settings.  As far as different midi channels in BFD, I am guessing in the preferences you have midi receive to Omni.  I advise changing that to the channel of your Zendrum so you can isolate channels for different applications.

Hope that helps,

Jer

coxdrum48

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 08:51:14 am »

Thanks but I'm not using a sus switch.  I set all the BFD midi channels to individual midi channels.  There's no omni.  There was but I changed it a long time ago.  It happens when I'm playing around the middle of the Zendrum.  No specific trigger seems to cause it.  Maybe there's a short on the board or loose wire.  Maybe I'll pop it open and have a look.

duojet

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 01:13:28 pm »

Thanks but I'm not using a sus switch.  I set all the BFD midi channels to individual midi channels.  There's no omni.  There was but I changed it a long time ago.  It happens when I'm playing around the middle of the Zendrum.  No specific trigger seems to cause it.  Maybe there's a short on the board or loose wire.  Maybe I'll pop it open and have a look.

are you sure it's not one of your other midi devices? I had the same issue and it was my mackie control that was sending the pitch bend.

coxdrum48

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 03:03:02 pm »

In the end I just sent it back to Dave for the Z4 upgrade.  What ever it was the upgrade made it go away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up