Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: digital Drummer Launch cover  (Read 2326 times)

Tom Roady

digital Drummer Launch cover
« on: January 11, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »

hey tribe...I just got a copy of the cover of digital Drummer on-line magazine. they are launching this friday at the NAMM I guess...I'm very honored to be the first "cover-boy"...I hope the article brings some potential new tribe members into our fold..."the mayor"

TNT

Re: digital Drummer Launch cover
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:17:13 AM »

That's waaaay cool, Tom!    ;D

I've been eagerly awaiting the launch.  I think it's another great outlet to spread the word about electronic drums and percussion.

Perhaps soon, the negative stigma against electronic drums that still seems to exist in so many minds will fade away and they'll become widely accepted... simillar to the electric guitar, electric bass, electronic keyboard, etc.

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »

I think it is great as well.  Other musicians hear that I am playing the Zendrum at a gig and automatically think that it is just going to sound like a drum machine but when they hear it played and sounds like a real kit.  Like you said, hopefully the negative stigma against electronic drums will fade away.  Congrats to "the Mayor" on being the first person selected for this new magazine.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Tom Roady

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »

digital Drummer Magazine is out today...to register for a subscription and check it out go to   http://www.digitaldrummermag.com/ I'm very honored to have been a part of this first issue and I hope I have done our "tribe" justice in leading new members to our family   "the mayor"

TNT

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »

It looks very nice and has loads of great information!

I'm honored to have been a part of the first issue, as well.    ;D

Looking forward to future editions!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:05:42 PM by TNT »

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »

I like the info that is in the digital magazine.  I downloaded it to my computer.  Great interview Tom!  I liked the article about introducing electronic drums into a band as well.  I am looking forward to the next issue.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 05:21:02 AM »

Sorry ofr the double post, but for those more attracted to Tom than to my post, here's a link to the magazine www.digitaldrummermag.com.
And Tom, thanks so much for sharing your story and your wisdom. If you ever stand for mayor, you've got my vote!
Allan

jbzengirl

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »

Mr. Mayor! I doOo declare a STate of EMergency!!!! Hahaha! BIG Congrats!!!! Loved the article AND the MAG!!!! Yes! It's time. ALot more coming for sure! Aha, Gonna be doing something coming up for them real soon. ;-)  It's a New Decade! I'm not looking back! Take it by Storm my Brother! Luv
Pages: [1]   Go Up