Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Module  (Read 1334 times)

HanZen

Module
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »

Hey, my name is Jacob and i'm from Denmark, this is my first post in this forum.

We'll I don't have a Zendrum but my plans are to get one soon.
Therefore im looking for a drum module.
I really wan't to be able to control the hihat-articulation (open/close and everything in between) and the bassdrum with pedals, but i've heard that the Roland SPD-20 is the only module that has this ability.
Is this true, and if so, is it a module you would recommend.
I don't know if i'm asking stupid but i'm all new to MIDI.

Thank you

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Module
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 10:36:41 AM »

Avast Thar Matey,

Welcome prospective tribe member.  The SPD-20 is not the only module that will do what you want.  However, you should be aware that there are several different ways you can go.  You can do a hardware module or you can do a software module (such as BFD2).  I myself have a Roland TD-20 hardware module that will do what you want it to do, if you have the right pedal.  I believe the TD-12 and TD-10 can also articulate a full range hi-hat.  Since I am only familiar with the Roland TD-20, I cannot attest to this capability with other brands of hardware.  Our tribal wizard (John Emrich) has a video that demontrates a fully articulated hi-hat using the software BFD 2 and a hatkat  pedal.  The video is located elsewhere on this site.  It is also available on youtube, if you type in the search terms "zendrum" or "john emrich".    I hope this helps.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

HanZen

Re: Module
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:50:05 PM »

Ok, thanks, that helped.

I'm definitely going for a hardware module
Pages: [1]   Go Up