Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Muse Receptor and iLok  (Read 1289 times)

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Muse Receptor and iLok
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:45:59 am »

Fellas, is a used Muse essentially useless without the iLok, or does that just preclude you from altering anything that's already installed?  Do new iLoks ship with VSTs, or is there just one paired to the Muse itself?

i.e., if I purchased a used Muse that was missing an iLok, if I then purchased say BFD, would that come with an iLok and I'd be good to go, or would I just be essentially screwed?

tnx
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
Re: Muse Receptor and iLok
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:11 am »

There are two different ways to put programs into the Receptor.  If you go through the Plugorama site for "Supported" plugins, they will get you set up with the appropriate Ilok registration.  (You need to use a computer with an internet connection to access your ILok account.  There are also programs that function as "Unsupported" plugins on the Receptor.  Those do not need an ILok.

An Ilok is registered to a specific person.  It would be ideal if you could get the ILok that comes with the used Receptor and have it transferred over to you.  If the programs are installed AND you have the ILok, you are good to go.  If you want to buy your own ILok and you own the program, you can get MUSE to register "Supported" programs Plugorama.com, provided you own a copy of the software.

I suggest contacting MuseResearch.com. 

Something else to consider..... BFD1.5 works on both Receptors.  BFD2 is only going to work on the new Receptor 2.

John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 12:23:33 pm »

Thanks for the fast response John.  Yeah, think I'm gonna pass on this one and save up my pennies for a Receptor 2.   

tnx
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:33:55 pm »

Good idea.  There are a few different variations of the first Receptor and who knows what the previous owner did to it.

I don't know the release time, but BFD2 is working well on the Receptor 2.

John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up