Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TD-12  (Read 1056 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
TD-12
« on: August 10, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »

Is anyone out there using a Roland TD-12 sound module?  I have a TD-6V right now, came with my Roland kit, but my kids want to start playing the drums so I either need to purchase another brain and I am looking at upgrading to a TD-12 module.  Brand new it is around $1,500, I could get a used one off of EBay for less than $1,000.  I could also just get a used TD-6V for around $400.  Just curious as to how the TD-12 sounds compared to the TD-20.  I am hearing that the TD-12 is exactly the same but does not have the same editing abilities.  Can anyone give me more details other than the promo on the Roland website?

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: TD-12
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:57:58 PM »

Hey Sticks,
For that money, I'd look into the Alesis DM10 kit.
That would give you extra pads and cymbals for the kid's drumset and a cool new brain for the Zendrum too.
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 05:58:21 PM »

Avast Thar Matey,

I use a TD-20.  I find the editing capability to be extremely useful and couldn't see spending the hard earned plunder to not have it.  The TD-12 costs almost as much as the TD-20.  And I understand that Roland has a new expansion chip for the TD-20.

Hope this helps.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:06:23 PM »

Hey Guys,

Good question Sticks. For your information, The TD-20 kit and module has been discontinued !! Nobody knows why, but you cannot get it. This comes directly from my rep at Sweetwater. My rep is also saying that they will not have their hands on the new Alesis module/kit until October and he said he will let me know what the scoop is on it. The other problem is that the module will not be sold separately. Mr. Emrich may know more about what is happening on this front. It sure is interesting watching the technology evolve. We are so close to having the ultimate system for the Zendrummers of the world. The good news is that if, indeed, Alesis has put together a good system for us to use, you will be able to get it at a reasonable price. I have the TD-20 with the expansion board and it is good, but the sounds are not as dynamic as BFD2. I would agree with my friend Pyrate and say that the 20 is worth spending the extra $ (IF you can get it!!)

Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »

The reason the TD-20 is "discontinued" is that they are about to release the new TD-20SX -- which module-wise appears to just be a TD-20 with a TDW-20 preinstalled.

Here's what the new full kit looks like:
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/5/7/5/607575.jpg
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 03:43:30 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

One can always look at EBay for a TD-20.  But beware of TD-20's on EBay.  There be Pyrates out there.  If you see one advertised at an unreasonably low price, be very cautious and do your due diligence.   There are also several online dealers that still carry some in stock if you look.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.
Pages: [1]   Go Up