Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kalimba, etc...  (Read 1662 times)

peebo

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Kalimba, etc...
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »

I've been trying to find decent kalimba, hang drum, tongue drum, etc sounds for the Zendrum, but I really haven't found anything that I'm willing to put money down on.  I couldn't get the demos from soundcouture.com to work.  I really want to play some melodic percussion, oh, and I think an udu drum on the Zendrum would be amazing... Any suggestions? 
Stop waking up and start dreaming.

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Re: Kalimba, etc...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »

I love the melodic percussion on the DMPro.

But I also think carbonated cheese is a good idea, so I might not be the best guy to ask.
Play nice.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »

Avast Thar Matey,

The sounds in me TD-20 are pretty good.  And then there is always BFD2.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

timecutter

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:12:35 PM »

Hello,

I am using the Hang drum samples from Sonic Couture - I think they're well done.  Its put together as a Kontakt instrument.  Good stuff.  Kontakt 3 has glockenspiel, celesta, african shakers, ewe-toke, kalimba, hammered dulcimer, lots of good stuff.   You might want to look at Kontakt 3.

For Udu, I've had fun with my old Planet Earth module from EMU.  The Planet Earth module has lots of good stuff.  The module is not being made anymore, but if you're lucky you can find one second hand.

Mark

peebo

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:52:21 AM »

why thank you...

Carbonated cheese... I'll have to give it a try
Stop waking up and start dreaming.

HostileReality

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »

Yes the soniccoutre hang drum is very nice sounding. seems very well done, has the mark 1 and mark 2 hangs. There is also a hang drum in SD2, but i prefer the Soniccoutre one as it has more options/more detailed.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »

Avast Thar Matey,

Does carbonated  cheese make a good mix with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum?   Arrgghhhh!  Sounds like it might be a Haaaarrrable mix.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Tom Roady

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 12:19:17 AM »

The Planet Earth is just about my favorite module...I have a lot of EMU modules...but it stands out and has great mbira,Kalimba and other melodic sounds Peebo...and it has the audition mode that will let you play midi patterns to play along with and then by changing the instruments on those auditions come up with totally different loopy things.....whack em through an effects processor and you'll be amazed at the sounds you can come up with.......maybe be you can talk Kim Daniel into selling his....I almost bought KOMPLETE when it was on sale last month...It has KONTAKT and I heard that the Hang drum samples were real nice. but like has already been said here...it is in another Sonic Couture library....Planet Earth has a lot of stuff in it that you can tweak and mess with to come up with original sounds also....and check out the sample packages for Garageband too....the World Pack has some nice things in it.

T-Sharp

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:19 AM »

I've been trying to find decent kalimba, hang drum, tongue drum, etc sounds for the Zendrum, but I really haven't found anything that I'm willing to put money down on.  I couldn't get the demos from soundcouture.com to work.  I really want to play some melodic percussion, oh, and I think an udu drum on the Zendrum would be amazing... Any suggestions? 

tonehammer.com has a fantastic hang drum library (known as the alien drum) - note that it's for kontakt 3.

timecutter

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 07:57:43 AM »

Thanks T-Sharp, for pointing toward Tonehammer - their stuff looks good  on the web, and their demos sound great.  The Tonehammer Alien (Hang) drum costs like half of the Sonic Couture instrument.  Glad to get turned on to Tonehammer, might just try out some of their stuff.

Mark

T-Sharp

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »

Thanks T-Sharp, for pointing toward Tonehammer - their stuff looks good  on the web, and their demos sound great.  The Tonehammer Alien (Hang) drum costs like half of the Sonic Couture instrument.  Glad to get turned on to Tonehammer, might just try out some of their stuff.

Mark

No problems mark - I've heard nothing but good words from them (but have not tried any of their products). Can you let me know your experiences if you pick it up? I've been eyeing the complete package for a few months now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up