Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FatKat pedal range  (Read 904 times)

HostileReality

FatKat pedal range
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:13:18 AM »

I have bought a FatKat kick trigger from ebay. However It doesn't seem to give the full midi range in BFD2, and I'm just wondering if it may be slightley overused? It's just that If I try and play very quitely, to get the low velocity kick sounds, it doesn't trigger. My guess would be that it is triggering from about 30-120 midi velocity. I have it plugged into my LT (not a Z4) via a mono jack. Other than that it seems to work fine.

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
Re: FatKat pedal range
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 05:39:07 AM »

The FAT pedal does have a slightly limited range, but is one of the best pedals you can use.  You can use BFD2 to compensate for the pedal.

First, on the KeyMAP page you can adjust the trigger curve down a little.

You can also look at the Kit Piece Inspector and adjust the Velocity -> Amplitude level to the right.  This will give you back your dynamics.  You should be using that slider on all kit pieces to fine tune the playing response for each kit.  Once you have it playing correct, it will be saved with that preset.   
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 07:09:06 AM »

OR, you can upgrade to a Z4 and calibrate any pedal's velocity or voltage to scale from 0-127 with C1 and C2.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

HostileReality

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:30:46 PM »

ok thanks guys for the suggestions. I willl get the Z4 upgrade at some point when i have the cash. until then, i'll do what John said  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up