Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit  (Read 8046 times)

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 08:19:53 AM »

What do you put into a rack? I have been playing my TD-20 by itself thru different speakers and would like to know what else others are putting into their portable racks and why? Will this setup differ because one uses a computer and software instead of a module? Thanks for any input. Thumper
Thumper

wb_drumz

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »

Although I've never had an electronic failure with my gear, I design my "gig-rig" with a backup module. I think I described this set up in response to the YouTube videos I posted a while back.

I designed this for a simple vocal duo with guitar and Zendrum but I revel in overkill. I currently use a DMPro and the original Alesis D4, layered via midi for more robust sound options. They are housed in a rack with a 12R Mixer for drums and bass and discrete routing to a sub woofer: The Stereo outs from the 12R go into an Edirol Digital Mixer that serves as my Front of House system. The Edirol also allows me to record Live Gigs to a laptop via USB.  I'm hoping the DM10 will soon replace the D4.

The Guitar goes directly into the Edirol mixer, no guitar amps! We also use a Roland GR-30 Guitar synth for mystery and suspense. That runs stereo in to the Edirol. We use two mic's and have a spare channel always ready for guest guitarist\vocalist

I'm thinking of housing the DM10 inside a separate rack case, on a rack shelf or rack drawer. I'll be using the DMPro as both a backup module and an addtional layer for "Bass Guitar ".

I plan on adding a half space line mixer to mix the multiple outs of the modules into a clean stereo out to the Front Of House. I'm planning on using volume pedals to control the melodic sounds. I can always take the DM10 out of this set up and play it standalone for smaller giigs-rehearsals.

People sometimes ask me what I do in my spare time.

Wilson

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »

Anyone thinking of buying Alesis should be aware that RMC Audio, one of the biggest edrum retailers in the US, has stopped stocking all Alesis products due to poor service support. RMC would be aware of industry standards because they sell Roland, Yamaha, Hart and other brands.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 07:12:53 AM »

Hmmm, isn't that interesting.  The urge to speculate is too great!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »

Looking at the DM10 module too, DM Pro gave up on me again. Pack it up send it back to Alesis Service centre for a 3rd time.  D4 saved the day, had it nearly 10 years and not a hicccup.

Mick

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 01:46:14 AM »

Mick, save your pennies and get a Zendrumdrive.
You won't be sorry! I promise.
It sounds so much better and works EVERYTIME.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up