Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z4  (Read 1282 times)

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Z4
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:11:16 AM »

Hey Zendrummers of the world--  Today is my lucky day !! After a long day at the office, I will be visiting Zendrum HQ for my "steroid injection".  Yes, that's right, the Z4 upgrade will be installed into my beautiful ZX. I also have the great pleasure of spending some quality time with the Zenmaster, AKA Inspector 109.  Learning is vital to progress and I am greatful for this opportunity.  I will be happy to share my comments about the upgrade if you are interested. Thanks David, in advance. I am looking forward to it.

Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Z4
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:08:13 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS I can sense your excitement! I will grateful to hear your comments on the upgrade as i will be following in your footsteps to do the same in a couple of weeks. I will be at Zendrum Headquarters in another week or so. I am driving from Austin, Texas and will be there for a day or so.  I am looking forward to meeting everyone at Zendrum  as they have been great in answering my questions and helping me on this marvelous journey.  Are you having any extra triggers installed? I am planning on having maybe 4 put in. I will especially be interested in hearing how much of a difference in playing it will make with the TD-20. 
What is your setup . Right now I have been playing thru a  upgraded TD-20 with a model II Bose System/ a T1 mixer and either 2 or 4 subs.  Anyway good luck with your new Zendrum and keep us informed. Thanks Thumper
Thumper

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »

I'm also thinking of adding additional triggers but am having trouble coming with ideas of where to put them all!

Are there any photos posted somewhere of modified ZXs?  Would love to get some ideas of what's possible.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:54:53 AM by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:16:07 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

Somewhere on this forum I recall a photo of Futureman's ZX which seemed to have 87 triggers on it.  (well, it may not have bee 87, but it was alot of triggers nonetheless).  Arrgghhhh!!!  Shiver me timbers, but I can't remember where the photo was/is!

Faor Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:47:20 AM »

Hail Pyrate!

I seem to recall that photo as well... I think she was lost during the Great Exodus across the Sea of Information.  Perhaps the Tribal Elders in their wisdom could witch it up from the depths for us?

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

TNT

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 07:49:21 AM »

Here's a couple examples:

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »

109 just sent me this pic of my newly remodeled ZX.  I haven't actually received it yet, but DANG does it look cool!  It's a "wood sandwich": Flame Maple/Purpleheart/Flame.  I have had it for a few years.  It's the first Zendrum I had custom-made for myself, my favorite Zendrum I have ever owned, and even moreso now!

http://www.nineandzen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/z4-retrofit-jeremy-slead-300x206.jpg

Jer
Pages: [1]   Go Up