Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Individual Volume Settings  (Read 1064 times)

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Individual Volume Settings
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:56:52 AM »

Am I correct in surmising that the UL setting is global and cannot be set for individual triggers?  I have some kits in which the ride is just a touch too loud/forceful and would like to trim the velocity on just those triggers.  I *can* affect the volume of the ride at the module but would rather not do that for a couple reasons, not the least of which is that that only reduces the volume of a forceful hit and doesn't alter the characteristic of the cymbal such that a lighter hit would (this is with a TD-20, i.e COSM).

Does the Z4 allow for changing the UL or equivalent setting per individual trigger?  If so I may have just found my first compelling reason to upgrade.   :-\

thanks
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

nZenEar

Re: Individual Volume Settings
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 04:37:43 PM »

The Z4 does not set volume by trigger (is there a need for that?) but does have calibration that lets you decide what a maximum strike per trigger is.  May be a challenge if you want to have different setups with different sensitivities (as currently the calibration applies to all setups) but expand a bit on what your trying to achieve and perhaps there is a way in the current release.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Individual Volume Settings
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:44:49 AM »

In the end I just wound up reducing the volume of the ride within my TD-20 -- so all is well.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up