Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program number offsets -- TD-20  (Read 1520 times)

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Program number offsets -- TD-20
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »

Hi all, quick question about program numbers.   The Zendrum uses a zero based index while the TD-20 on the other hand starts with 1.  In other words, program 1 on the TD-20 is program 0 on the Zen, 5 is 4, etc..

Not to quibble but this can be quite annoying.  Anyway to get the two indexes in line with one another?

thanks!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Program number offsets -- TD-20
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:28:20 PM »

Alas, no...  but it's a simple enough thing to get used to.   *Perhaps that would be yet another cool software choice for Zendrum upgrades, though!  I would see it as PS (Program Select), choice between 0 and 1, which would reset the program change scale to start at 0 or 1.

Here's one thing you could try: give the kits on the TD-20 a title WITH the Zendrum's program change number in it: for instance, title Roland kit 1 "00 big Rock Kit", call kit 2 "01 Rhythm N Blooz", call kit 3 "02 Naked Happy Dance Kit", etc.  Would that help?

Jer

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »

Avast Thar Matey,

When I received my TD-20, I created a kit using TD-20 setup 50 (the User kit).  I saved this setup to a compact flash drive.  I then modified that setup and saved it under a different name on the compact flash.  I did this several times.  Now when I want a different setup, I load it in to the User Kit from the compact flash. This way I don't have to mess with the setups in the Zendrum itself.

Hope this helps.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

nZenEar

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 04:32:59 PM »

Someone with experience with many programs needs to comment on what they all do re: program numbers and Zendrum can be made to be as 'common' as is needed!

Amubontobby

Program number offsets TD 20
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 06:27:48 AM »

Hello all,

I have a client who needs one program transferred to a new computer that he is going to get. Is there a program that can do that for me? Any help will be much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up