Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I love engineers...  (Read 619 times)

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
I love engineers...
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »

You may have seen where I posted that the production model Z4 circuitboards were different than the prototypes that we all tested for several months and had extra features added after we said GO.
Well here's why that makes for a funny story...

Turns out, I didn't understand a very important fact about the features and functions, so the first manuals went out to people with a LARGE omission about how to calibrate each trigger individually. The feature was there already, but my tech support chops were not. This caused Lunatique to believe that things were wrong with his Zendrum that he could not fix himself, and so now, his instrument is on the way back here from California on my FedEx account. I have to rewrite a section of the manuals (now that I understand what is REALLY going on) so it will be another minute before Geosphere gets the pdf on line for you all to STUDY THE MANUAL as I requested.

The new calibration features were added to accommodate any kind of cc pedals because we didn't have a clue what you all would use. Our engineer rightly assumed that we should also give you all the ability to tweak every trigger to your personal taste as well and store the "feel" as your own. Great idea, but try explaining in one sentence that there are three steps and calibrations to get this done, not two. He told me several times, I made notes, drew graphs, and then wrote the process completely backwards from how it really is. Now, after emails, phonecalls, Forum posts, and several days, it becomes apparent that I'm saying it wrong, and Lunatique's Zendrum is taking a transcontinental round trip unnecessarily.
He's being a pretty good sport about it, and laughing now about the pie I took in the face.

You gotta love your job...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:26:05 PM by Inspector 109 »
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Lunatique

Re: I love engineers...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »

Not laughing--more like relieved, and perhaps a bit amused. But something great came out of it all--I'm happy that we got to talk and the invitation to help out with the development of Zendrum behind the scenes is a delightful turn of events.
Pages: [1]   Go Up