Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Sky suggestions to the engineers  (Read 11215 times)

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Blue Sky suggestions to the engineers
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »

How about a switch to turn "chase" on and off?   It would be really handy when doing edits if I could hit the trigger I'm interested in and then lock onto it.  I can't tell you how many times I've been in an edit mode and then accidentally brushed another trigger and wound up editing the wrong pad  :-\

Maybe a little rocker switch could be placed near the cursor wheel.  When enabled, no further pads would respond to being hit -- all edits would be made against the one that was last hit before the switch was enabled.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:08:26 PM by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »

Hey Drumwagon.  With the new Z4 upgrade, you scroll to NO (number) hit the up arrow to get [ ] and touch the trigger you are trying to edit. The midi note number appears and you scroll up or down to edit. The Z4 includes the cool feature of hearing each drum sound  as you scroll. This allows you to only have to hit a trigger one time to edit it. I understand what you are talking about because I have the TD-20 module which allows you to lock a trigger and edit.  The other thing is that you have to remember to SAVE any changes that you make with the dedicated save feature (new with Z4) or it goes back to the original before edit midi note number. You can waste many hours by not making sure to do that. Get that upgrade soon. It is sweet.

Mark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »

In fact my Zendrum is currently making its way across the country to get the Z4 transplant.

That doesn't make what I'm suggesting moot though.  It's during the scrolling for midi notes (or any similar editing) that there is the danger of editing the wrong trigger by bumping or brushing another.  I still think a way to "lock on" to a particular trigger would be a great feature.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:46:46 PM by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 05:47:47 AM »

Hey DW,
I understand what you want.
Sounds like a good idea if the coding isn't too difficult to stop the chase.
For now, I'd suggest raising the noise floor while your editing/assigning and then bring it back down for performance.
Thanks for the input!
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up