Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BFD2 Articulations with Zendrum  (Read 766 times)

HostileReality

BFD2 Articulations with Zendrum
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »

Is it possible to set up a foot controller, one of those sets of control pedals, and have it change the articulations in BFD2?

Or Can the new Zendrum upgrade acomplish this?

I have Cubase 5, but havn't really learnt to use the 'VST Expression' feature yet, but i think that it may allow this to happen, though i'm not sure.

Does this make sense?

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: BFD2 Articulations with Zendrum
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »

Hostile,

No, I don't believe so.  BFD's artics are selected by their assigned note number, so a pedal isn't going to help you.

Here's an idea, if you're into spending some money:

Get a Midi Solutions Event Processor, and set conditions such that, when the pedal is depressed, note number 38 on channel 10 gets remapped to note number 40.  (If so, and if you have the GM note number scheme, depressing the pedal would turn your snare drum hit into a rim shot). 

I have one of these units... if you decide you DO want to do it, let me know and I will test to see if this can be done.

Jer

HostileReality

Re: BFD2 Articulations with Zendrum
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 11:05:20 AM »

thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider that. But one of the main reason i bought Cubase 5, was one of the new features called 'vst expression'. It lets you change articulations using the same midi channel, although i wasnt sure if they has support for controllers such as foot pedals, to change the articulations. To be honest, i havn't bothered to learn it yet, as i've had too much other stuff to do. But also the new Zendrum upgrade should allow something similar without vst expression, as it lets you change midi channels for differnt pads. Actually i've just realised what all this means. You said the BFD articulations are just differnt midi notes.. i guess i was thinking along the lines of software like East west Stomdrum, where you have to load differnt articulations and each is controlled by a seperate midi channel. Whereas BFD is differnt notes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up