Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will this guitar strap work?  (Read 972 times)

HostileReality

Will this guitar strap work?
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »

I'm thinking of getting this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=360647&index=3

it's a chinese dragon strap. will this strap work with an LT? i don't want to buy it and find out that the strap is too long, or doesnt attach properly or something. Btw i have no previous experiance with guitar straps/strap locks except for the one that came with teh zendrum.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Will this guitar strap work?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »

Avast Thar Matey,

The guuitar strap will work, and it appears to be adjustable.  It might be a bit long for an LT, but it also may be a bit wide for the LT (the humble Pyrate's opinion). Strap locks are not an issue.  They can be removed from the current Zendrum strap and be retro-fitted to the new strap, or you can buy a set of strap locks and that way have easy access to both straps if you want them.  My suggestion is to take the strap that came with the LT, go to your local Guitar Center store (or other music supply establishment) and compare the straps side by side.  Hope this helps.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

HostileReality

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 05:59:12 PM »

yeah i'm worried it might be too long. it is 43" to 53". so i'm not sure if 43" is too long for the LT.. anyone know about this? I dont have my zendrum with me at the moment, so i can't measure the strap.

fingerfunk

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »

i don't think that's gonna be too long.  i'm about 6' tall, and i wear my strap adjust to about 51".  i play with it relatively low, that's what i find comfortable -- my arms basically fully extended in front of me.

i just ordered a dual strap (goes over both shoulders) and am excited to try it out with the LT.

http://www.slider-straps.com/

i think it will make more sense than a regular strap, given that the LT is a symmetrical instrument -- i think it will be easier to get both hand in the same playing position this way (with a normal strap one has to reach over the strap, or go under it -- it works alright but means that one hand has a lot less freedom than the other)

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »

I just had an awesome visual concerning the dual strap: play it dead center and up high, with thimbles on your fingers!!!

Jer
Pages: [1]   Go Up