Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have preponed my 2009 Christmas present!!!  (Read 1566 times)

Jazzodict

I have preponed my 2009 Christmas present!!!
« on: May 23, 2009, 07:42:48 pm »

Hello good folks,

Just a quick note to say that I have now 'really' joined the tribe!

I have finally placed my order for a Zendrum ZX (with the new Z4 circuitary) in Tobacco Sunburst Rock Maple finish last Friday ;D. Many thanks to my buddies SWriverstone (for helping me with Battery3 queries) & Strat (from Sydney, for the demo on his beautiful Blue Sunburst Flame Maple).

My setup will be ...
> Zendrum ZX in Tobacco Sunburst Rock Maple
> HP Centrino Duo Laptop (1.83Mhz; 2gb RAM; PCMCIA IEEE 1394 Firewire Card)
> Battery 3
> PreSonus Firebox (to connect the ZX to my laptop)
> Hartke A70 (Bass Amp)

Also, cannot thank enough both Gina & David for their prompt, patient & ever helpful responses to my barrage of questions ... thanks guys!
Now the wait begins!

Cheers 8).

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Re: I have preponed my 2009 Christmas present!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:20:03 pm »

I guarantee you won't be disappointed when you get it.  I had no idea that my wife ordered one for me, she obviously was listening to me when I told her exactly what I was looking for and she went and bought it and arranged to have it delivered to me while I was home from Iraq for 2 weeks.  I have had nothing but fun with it since I got it.  I will be home in about 4 weeks and ready to jam.

Enjoy,

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Jazzodict

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:24:20 pm »

Thanks Rob .... and here's wishing you a safe journey back home & ... Happy Jammin!

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 08:08:58 am »

Hello good folks,

Just a quick note to say that I have now 'really' joined the tribe!

I have finally placed my order for a Zendrum ZX (with the new Z4 circuitary) in Tobacco Sunburst Rock Maple finish last Friday ;D. Many thanks to my buddies SWriverstone (for helping me with Battery3 queries) & Strat (from Sydney, for the demo on his beautiful Blue Sunburst Flame Maple).

Also, cannot thank enough both Gina & David for their prompt, patient & ever helpful responses to my barrage of questions ... thanks guys!
Now the wait begins!

Cheers 8).

Hi...
Thank you for your kind words...it is our pleasure to be of service!
Welcome to the Tribe! As you are already finding, all you Zendrummers are some of the friendliest people everywhere in the world!

Thank you and go well,
Gina

Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

Jazzodict

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:37:14 pm »

Got it ... my Zendrum ZX in Tobacco Sunburst Rock Maple arrived yesterday ;D!!
An absolute looker ... will post some fotos soon.

Now to figure out how to make it sing ... I'll be using my HP Laptop with Battery 3 hooked thru a PreSonus Firebox.

Many thanks to both David & Gina ... 5 Stars for their customer service!

Cheers
Uday

Btw, I also took delivery of my Cooperman Bodhran Frame Drum (http://www.cooperman.com/coopermanvelezseries.php). Looking forward to jam with my buddies this weeend.

HostileReality

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 04:17:41 pm »

Looks good, what kind of music do you play? Your name hints at Jazz...

Jazzodict

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 03:13:18 am »

Hey HR,

Yep, I'm a hopeless jazz addict ... as I spend almost 2 hrs commuting for work each day, my iPod is chock full of my favourites like Stan Getz & Kirk Whalum (sax), Dave Brubeck (piano), DizzyG & Chris Botti (trumpet), Diana Krall & Madeleine Peyroux (vocals),  etc. etc. the list goes on! Also love Italian opera music by Andrea Bocelli & Laura Pausini.

As far as playing goes ... its mostly hand drums like Tabla, Cajon, Djembe & Bodhran to all kinds of music that needs a good beat (& now hopefully the Zendrum!). I recently played the Spanish Cajon (box drum) with a Turkish music ensemble 8) ... here’s a link to a short (amateur) video from the concert. All the good folks on the stage were (enthusiastic) amateurs & we had a great time ... hope you enjoy watching ;)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3OdZDFAj6w

Cheers

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 12:38:16 pm »

Very nice!  I enjoyed that immensely!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up