Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning the Zendrum  (Read 1001 times)

HostileReality

Cleaning the Zendrum
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »

Is it safe to use one of those compressed air cans to clean the dust off the zendrum? what methods do people use to clean their zendrums?

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning the Zendrum
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

I've used the compressed air cans to get the dust off my trigger shocks--I haven't seen any problems with it.  I just use a soft, non-abrasive cloth to wipe it down.
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »

I went to the guitar center and bought a cleaning cloth that guitar players use to clean their guitars.  There is one that has some sort of chemical treatment, I got the one that does not have that.  It works great for cleaning the finger prints and oils from your fingers off without scratching the finish.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:52:26 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

On the advice of our dear Inspector 109, I have been using Isopropyl Alcohol and a lint free cloth to clean the Jolly Roger Zendrum. Since humans cannot consume Isopropyl Alcohol (what a shame), it comes in handy as a cleaning solution, leaves no residue, drys quickly and doesn't harm the fine finish of the old Jolly Roger.  Best of all, it is inexpensive.

Hope this helps.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 05:49:23 PM »

I have been cleaning mine with Ernie Ball guitar polish with a guitar polishing cloth forever.  Looks great!

Jer

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:36:49 PM »

I will have to pick up some of that polish when I get back from Iraq and give it a try.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub
Pages: [1]   Go Up