Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALESIS DM-PRO and memory cards  (Read 2077 times)

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
ALESIS DM-PRO and memory cards
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:59:37 PM »

Greetings campers, I just got a hold of a memory card for my DM-PRO. If I understand things correctly, I can load samples into this card (up to 8 MB worth).   I have the Alesis Sound Diver Software and everything is talking to each other correctly.  The question of the day is.... Looking through the software, how do I dump selected "wav" files to the card.  any help would be very much appreciated.  Many thanks, take care and stay safe, Mark
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.

GrimRich

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Re: ALESIS DM-PRO and memory cards
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:46:37 AM »

Mark,

First off, the software you need is Sound Bridge, not Soundiver. You should be able to download it from Alesis'site. If not let me know - I can probably email it to you.

Assuming that you have the DM Pro hooked up to the computer, when  youopen up Sound bridge, under the Project menu, you need to set up your MIDI ins and outs. You can also test your MIDI setup to make sure the software sees your DM Pro. Also under Project, set up the card info so the software knows it has 8MB.

Now, you are ready to add samples. On the left, there are 8groups. You can add your samples to one big group, or divvy them up (I made separate groups for snares, kicks, etc). Highlight the groiup you want to add your samples to, then click the Add Files icon (2nd icon from left). browse for the files you want to add. Once you find them and click on them, click Add (you can add multiple files by the usual way).

Down towards the bottom center of the screen, the software will tell you how much more room you have on the card. When you are done, click the Send To Synthesizer icon (last icon on right). It takes awhile, so get a cup of coffee or beverage of choice at this point :)

Once the card is burnt, you will need to go into the DM Pro and create User drums from the samples you have made. Somne folks have forgotten this step (myself included) and get panicky that it didn't work. Somefolks will do a reboot of the DM Pro while holding both sides of the cursor button down - this boots up the DM Pro with no kits, drums or effects loaded. Then they will go into the USer drums and create their drums from the samples. This way there is no carry-over from effects or other settings to distort your sample sounds. Again, you can refer to the manual, or email me, and I can send you more info (!LOL).

Sorry to be long-winded, it comes naturally, as creating documentation is what I do for a living :)

Larry
dambrol@optonline.net
grimrich@hotmail.com

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 04:19:36 PM »

check out this website it has some good info.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/dmpro/

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 06:43:53 AM »

Thanks for all the info!  Was wondering, I know alesis has not done anything more with their software on the DM-PRO for Windows XP. Any thoughts form the masses on what to do. It sounds like I will have to load soundbridge on my machine that has Windows 98 on it.  Hope everyone's week is going well.  Take care and stay safe, Mark
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.

brip

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »

I'm using SoundBridge on my W2K with no problem...not sure about XP.
-Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up