Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Z4 Retrofits for Existing Zendrums  (Read 8583 times)

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Z4 Retrofits for Existing Zendrums
« on: May 11, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »

Hello Everyone!

On May 1st we announced the Zendrum Z4 series circuitboard as standard in all new Zendrums beginning June 1st. Orders are queuing up quickly for new instruments which we expect to begin shipping during the first week of June 2009.

We’ve also had an enthusiastic response to the Z4 retrofit for 3.0 Zendrums with 4-way cursor OS ($400), as well as Datawheel OS 2.2 and 1.5 Zendrums ($600). There is also the possibility to add up to 6 extra triggers ($30/each), as well as up to 2 extra ¼” input jacks ($30/each) for new continuous controller pedal functionality.

If you choose to do this upgrade and send your Zendrum back to us for the retrofit, we do not want you to be without your Zendrum for very long. Therefore, retrofit orders will be taken on a first-come/first-serve basis with pre-payment now to secure your place in line.

Each retrofit will be customized to your specific requests. Please contact David Haney at Zendrum orders@zendrum.com to discuss the details of your retrofit. We will arrange the quickest turn-around time, confirm shipping arrangements, and calculate the total for your work order and shipping your Zendrum back to you. As soon as we have itemized all the details we will send you an order summary for your confirmation, approval and pre-payment.

There are three ways to make your pre-payment:
1)   Money order or cashier’s check for domestic/US orders only
Remit payment to:
Zendrum Corporation
P.O. Box 5907
Douglasville, GA 30154
2)   PayPal: Send payment to orders@zendrum.com
3)   Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover): Send your credit cardnumber and expiration date to orders@zendrum.com  If you prefer to place your credit card order by phone please email us with your telephone number and the best time to call you back or leave a message on our voicemail line 404-352-1646

***VERY IMPORTANT ***
Since every retrofit is a custom order you MUST discuss specifics with David Haney and agree to all retrofit details and shipping arrangements BEFORE you send your instrument to us.

Thank you!
David Haney
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:45:35 AM by Inspector 109 »
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Z4 Retrofits for Existing Zendrums
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »

Since this is a new circuit board  I am assuming that the mapping that we now have in our Zendrums will be lost? Can you confirm this.  I am strongly suggesting that when we send in our Zendrums that you back up all your settings.  COPY YOUR MAPS. Thumper
Thumper

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »

CORRECT AND WELL SAID THUMPER!
Thank you for the heads up reminder.
If you have created custom mappings, you should always write them out on paper no matter where they are stored and backed up electronically.
You'll also have a new serial number embedded in the new Z4 circuitboard so that updated information will be in our files and on your final receipt.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:58:49 AM »

Hey Tribe,
Just wanted to post again and say the retrofits are going very well and I'm very enthusiastic about the response from all you "Zendrum veterans" who understand the differences in the the new Z4. We're past the startup rush now and things are moving smoothly through here every day. It's a trip down memory lane and very inspiring to see the old warhorses get a new lease on life, but also great to see how well they've held up all these years and how far we've all travelled together. Let me know when you're ready for the next step forward in Zendrumming.
Thanks!
David
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:53 AM »

Hi everyone.  Just a quick note to say that my road trip was a safe and fun trip and that I am back home . I had arraigned an appointment with the Inspector to retrofit both of my ZX's with the new Z4 circuit board and to add a couple of triggers. I figured that the shipping charges would help cover some of my gas cost and I would get away for a couple of days and get to meet David and Gina as well as have the retrofit done. They are the most pleasant people that you would ever meet and they work hard to help all of us further our journey with our Zendrums. It was very enjoyable visiting with them and after a little discussion we were able to place where I wanted to have my extra triggers placed. When I came back after the retrofit was completed I found my Zendrum's polished and looking like they were brand new again. David and Gina both made  me feel at ease and you more than likely not find this kind of customer service anywhere else. They go out of their way to try and help and they really care. I have not had time to play my Zen yet, but I expect to have some time today and will post some of my observations as soon as I have some. We should start talking about a Zendrum get together. I think that it could be a lot of fun and a learning experience for us. When I was at the headquarters David let me play his Zendrum a little. I was a little more than lost with his trigger setup. It would be interesting to have some of our triggers maps posted to see what others have done. Anyway enough for now. Thank you David and Gina.  I appreciate you getting me back on the road as soon as you all did. Happy Zenning Thumper
Thumper

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »

Hi Thumper,
(I just realized this post was here)

It was a pleasure to meet you...glad y'all made it home safely and on time!

Thank you very much for your kind words!
Go well,
Gina

Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

dkaleita

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »

I've been saving up since May for this upgrade to my ZX, and am just about ready to arrange to have it maxed out with the highest number of additional pads and jacks that can be made to fit.  But it looks to me like there isn't a lot of room for variations if you were to add six additional pads.  Has anyone actually had this done yet?  I'd love to see where all of those extra pads ended up.   ZD: Is there any chance of putting a pad or two on the back or the edge?

Speaking of the six optional extra pads, what MIDI note numbers will they be set to by default (or what are the choices)?

Dave K.

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »

Here's a picture of my ZX4, maxed out.  I have been playing the layout for about a month.  It works great for me, mainly because all of the regular triggers are there in the normal places, so my long-term technique still works (with new additional options of course!

Jer

dkaleita

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »

Thanks for the photo.  That layout looks absolutely perfect!  In fact, I find it kind of hard to imagine it done any other way.  If anyone else has added six extra pads in a significantly different arrangement than this, please upload a photo so we can all see.

Dave K.

paradidl

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »

Thanks for the photo.  That layout looks absolutely perfect!  In fact, I find it kind of hard to imagine it done any other way.  If anyone else has added six extra pads in a significantly different arrangement than this, please upload a photo so we can all see.

Dave K.

See pages 1 & 3 of This Thread for pictures of both John Emrich's & Inspector 109's maxed out ZX's.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:45:39 PM by paradidl »

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »

Here is a pic of my new triggers installed. I chose to have only 3 more added since to me that would give me a setup that in my mind would help me the most. I did not want to max out my zendrum as Zendrummer did because there was a spot on top that I found that I was resting my hand. I enjoy playing my Zen and it works great for what I want to do with it. I guess it will come down to personal preferences. Whatever you chose to do think long and hard because once they are drilled and installed its a done deal. Sometimes less is more! Thumper

Thumper

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 04:46:55 AM »

Here's a picture of my ZX4, maxed out.  I have been playing the layout for about a month.  It works great for me, mainly because all of the regular triggers are there in the normal places, so my long-term technique still works (with new additional options of course!

Jer

Great setup,
that is what I was thinking for upgrading my ZX.

Mick

amyjer

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 09:23:27 AM »

I justed wanted to thank David and Zendrum for a truly outstanding upgrade and customer service.  I sent my Zendrum back for a retrofit and received it back in one week in perfect condition (actually it looks better).  The Z4 upgrade is definitely worth it in my opinion - the sensitivity is fantastic.  As a keyboard/Stick player with no drum kit skills, I truly appreciate the Zendrum for enabling to generate more musical drum tracks that tapping on a keyboard. 

Thanks.

Jeremy

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »

Only took one week?   

Cool.  I've been sitting on the fence regarding sending mine in for the surgery simply based on the amount of down time I assumed I'd incur.  This is definitely heartening news!
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 03:17:52 PM »

Hi David,
just wondering what the maximum "1/4" External Input" capability is for the Zendrum LT?  Probably not a lot of room for extra inputs due to the reduced size? 2 would be enough (ie Hihat and BD) but just seeing what's possible.

Cheers
Mick
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up